Decent Cheap Red Dot Scope for a Ruger 10/22?

Lunker

I am looking for a decent red dot scope for my Ruger 10/22 to do some plinking. I would like to stay in the $100 and less range. I know you get what you pay for, but this isn't going on my AR, it's just for plinking. Some of the super cheap red dots are hard to see unless your surroundings are dark. Some of the ones I've seen are by Bushnell, BSA, Simmons, UltraDot, Tasco, those Chinese clones (Mec?). Any suggestions?

JerseyDrez

I have a Truglo on my GSG. Ive used it for about 5 months now and I love it. It has some nice features, including an interchangeable red or green dot. It ran me $65. Theres another one thats about $90, but Im sure they will both get the job done.

My friend just got a 10/22 and liked my Truglo so much that he ordered one a few days ago.

blume357

I put a Bushnell Sportsman on my charger, it had been on

a rifle for a while.. very low cost red dot scope, I think I paid less than 50 dollars for it.. only thing I had to learn was to keep it dialed to its lowest possible setting... if you use it on the high setting you get a reflection of the dot in the lens....

on top of that, learning that you dial the red dot in so that the point of impact is just above the dot, not behind it. Just like with iron sights.

219er

I have used the 30 mm Bushnell with the red and green sights. I like it. I found I actually can see the green better. Jim

Lunker

I just bought the Tasco PDP2. I was thinking that if I spent just a bit more, I could get one that I would try on my AR. I'll post on how it works out.

Palmetto-Pride

I had a BSA RedDot on mine. Paid $29 at WalMart. Worked well, did what it was supposed to do.

That's probably the same BSA RD-30 I have on mine. I have also used it on my AR and it has worked fine on that also. For $29.00 you can't beat it.

Normb263

Put a Tru-Glow on Ruger Mark III .22 pistol . Like it alot better than a pistol scope. Much easier to avoid eye relief problems. I may do the same with my T/C .223 pistol. Got ot on sale for $29 Or so. Not great at high power#9 and have to remember to turn the damn thing off or youl'll be marching down to Radio Shack. Oops I'm showing forgetfullness.

phrogpilot

Ditto the Walmart Centerpoint; both red and green dots; look very tactical. I've used mine on a .223 Bushmaster for the past year and it has been totally reliable.

armoredman

Got a Daisy Electronic Mark Sight on the 10/22, worlds cheapest red dot, cost $12, IIRC. Worked for years, still working.:D

1022.jpg

madcratebuilder

I have tried several of the red dot tubes and really did not care for them. I do like these holo sights, they are great for moving targets. Easy both eyes open shooting, I love chasing squirrels with my 22/45. I have used this type holo on AR's and rimfires. Midway runs some good sales on several different ones, they should have some xmas sales coming soon.
2245001.jpg

JWT

I put a Primary Arms M4 Style Red Dot on my S&W 15-22 and have been very satisfied with it. It cost $89.00 plus shipping so I got it for under $100. You can find them at primaryarms.com. Seems to be very solid for the money, overall I'm quite impressed with it.