December 2012 Issue

Marty Hayes

The "Trigger" commentary brought tears to my old eyes, remembering my German Shepherd Dog "Carlos." It is said that there is only one great dog per human, and while I love my current mutt MacIntyre (Mac), he is not Carlos.

Denny Hansen

Staff Emeritus
Al-

Wasn't thrilled with it myself. Not to cast stones, but some publications may have pulled it. At S.W.A.T. we try to tell readers what they can expect to experience in a course.
Denny

Mal H

Staff
When I saw it, I thought it was a scary image also, but at least Bowie added that all guns had been triple checked. I thought it could be a useful exercise as he described it. However, it might also give some thousands of other folks, who aren't quite as careful, some training ideas - ideas for disastrous consequences.

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Denny, got it and glad you published it. I've pointed several different varieties of handguns at people and never had an issue with sight picture. If I thought this was a viable teaching point, I'd have the students lock the slide open or yellow flag the chamber.

Heck, I get the hee-bee jeebbies pointing my blue gun at folks. :eek:

You guys are doing great things with SWAT. Used to be a quick read for me but not anymore. I've taken notes from several of your articles. That's a first for me. :D