Decelerator -or- Limbsaver ???

oldcars

So, I am going to order a pre-fit recoil pad for an older Remington 700 with a wood stock, what would you recomend: Decelerator or Limbsaver? they are about the same price.

Tbag

Have several Limbsaver pads, money usually well spent and really have taken the bite out of a couple rifles. Their new speed mount pad looks real nice, for me may be a next purchase.

Can't help you with the Decelerator pad.

stevelyn

I put a Limbsaver on a Tikka T3 Lite and calmed it down quite a bit. Kick-Eez would be my second choice.

In my experience Pachmayer pads aren't much different from the hard rubber OEM pad on most guns.

hoghunting

I have the same recommendations as stevelyn, but in a different order. I would pick Kick-Eez first, Limbsaver second. Also not a big fan of Pachmyer pads.

Lloyd Smale

limb savers definately suck up recoil better then the pachs. Only problem with them is there so soft that they tend to easily get damaged. Ive had two of them develope tares.

MLeake

Have only used the Limbsaver...

... so I can't offer a comparison.

I can say that the Limbsaver made my 700 .30-06 into a *****cat at the bench.

30 rds of 180gr, no bruise, no pain.

Definitely didn't have that result with the factory pad.

Edward429451

In addition to a good recoil pad, I put Blackhawks Buttcuff/Cheekpad on my 12 Gauge and my 45/70 and it helps significantly.

Mals9

I just put 100 rounds through my 12 ga pump with a Decelerator and my shoulder feels great.

Mals

Doyle

I always use Pachmayer - now let me tell you why. Several years ago, I needed to add pads to both a Win model 70 and a Win model 94. Limbsaver thinks that they both use the same pad (even though you can look at the stocks and see that the model 70 is slightly larger. Pachmayr makes different pads for each. That in itself was enough to steer me to Pachmayr. Since then, I've done a couple of Pachmayr grind-to-fit pads with great results.

mes228

Pad

Just a caution on "soft pads". Some "off gas" so much that if stored in a certain type "foam" lined case. The pad will "melt" the foam over time and it's a mess. A mess on the pad and may even "flow" onto the wood/plastic stock.I've seen people returning gun cases with this problem at shows. Might be rare but I've seen it with my own eyes.

Swampghost

I'm getting older (anybody getting younger?) and LimbSavers have been a salvation for me.

They will not fit as perfectly as a custom installation but very close.

As to the foam/case issue. You should not consider cases as long term storage, all kinds of things can go wrong here and I have a few rifles to prove it. Cases are for transport. Racks and safes are for storage.