Dealers turning?

VA Girl

Yesterday's Wall Street Journal had a front page article about a Kansas gun dealer named Robert Lockett who is proprietor of The Second Amendment gun shop in Overland Park, KS. He wrote an article (that is scheduled to be in July's issue of Shooting Sports Retailer magazine) that argues "that gun manufacturers could (and should) police gun sales more vigilantly". He still considers himself to be very pro-gun, but believes the industry should clean itself up. The kind of increased regulation the article talks about is pretty scary. Having the gun manufacturers check all their franchisees every month and track to whom they have sold guns is impossible and ridiculous. Anyone interested can probably find the article at www.wsj.com . (You probably have to register first).

Ewok

The article makes it pretty clear that "list-price retailers" have a financial interest in shutting down gun shows, etc.

If everything Mr. Taborden wants were to take place, retail gun prices would sky-rocket.

Elker_43

Well, I've always maintained that the old saying "If you want the real answer, follow the money" works in most cases.

It works in Washington, why not for "list-price retailers".

Nothing sickens me more than a non-Patriotic American...

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

Bob Bessinger

That may be the opinion of one dealer in Kansas, but we as a dealer here in GA do not feel the same way. I think that each and every law passed does nothing be infringe upon the Second Admendment. You can candy coat it any way you like but bottom line every one takes that much more of that Right away. When all of our elected officials get done for the press and they feel good the bottom line is that more of the Second Admendment has been taken away