Dealers feel free to use this

fhp490

I was reading your posts on the forum Re: gun store attitude. Boy did you hit it on the head . I made a pamphlet which I keep under the counter to hand out to those who desperately need it . The title is how to buy guns at dealer prices. feel free to use it Russ .

1.Fill out forms to obtain a $100.00 occupational License that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Firearms will accept.
2. Fill out a sales tax ID request wait 30 days for the approval.
3. Buy or rent a commercially zoned piece of property that meets the requirements of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Firearms .
4. Obtain the proper forms from Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Firearms .
5. Fill out the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Firearms forms send a $300.00 nonrefundable application fee and wait 60 to 90 days for the approval.
6 Pay rent on the property until you receive your License .
7. Have your bank setup a letter of credit with a guarantee of $5000.00 which is the usual amount the distributors require for dealer pricing.
8. Spend twenty to thirty thousand in speculation money to open your doors.
9. Then You can listen to some horse's ass tell you what he can buy it for in the Shotgun news , on the internet , in a dealer flyer or what it cost last week at a gun show .

gfen

I think this might be the appropriate place to post this question for shop owners:

How do you folks feel about the Internet and its effects on your sales? More to the point, how do you feel about someone walking in and using you strictly for transfers from an out of state, low overhead shop to yours?

I've only done a transfer only purchase once, and I felt like an ass asking for it. As I look to buy a new handgun, I have the feeling that I'll have to use one of those online vendors for my purchase as I won't find the particular model, which doens't look current production, in a store. Is it silly of me to feel rude asking to do a transfer?

DasBoot

gfen,
Being new to this, I felt the same way about tranfers.
I used to sell diamonds in NYC and when someone would ask to use my space for private sale, I would usually tell 'em no.
You would think the shop owner would be thinking "Why didn't this pr--k buy the piece from me? I would've worked with him on the price".
But it seems to be a normal occurrence and they make a few bucks for doing nothing.
AND meet a potential customer.
I would still feel weird doing it though!