Deal or No Deal?

zzbruno

I have a chance to pick up a CZ 83 .380, NIB, with two boxes of Federal reduced recoil JHPs, for $300. Guy bought it for his wife and she wanted a wheelgun.

Don't really need another semi, but seems like a smokin' hot deal. Any body got one?

QBall45

I'd say ya found a hot deal!

Considering the current market price for .380 target ammo... You just scored big with 2 boxes of jhp's

rsxr22

it is a good deal, but i think it would depend on how much you would plan on shooting it. .380 is still extremely expensive and it doesnt seem to be coming down anytime soon. That is what would keep me from buying it.

zzbruno

that's the only thing holding me back.
I would want to shoot it pretty regular, but dang if that ammo isn't pricey.

CWPinSC

The wife has one and LOVES it. Reliable, accurate, just plain fun to shoot. She didn't need it - saw it in the gun store, liked it, bought it.

predecessor

Deal

It's a fantastic firearm worth $450 brand new. The ammunition expense isn't the issue, but the availability is. The popularity of the round has recently ski-rocketed though so until manufacturers increase output, it will continue to be difficult to find. The current price is inflated because of demand and will once again be the second most affordable center-fire pistol ammunition behind 9MM eventually.

rsxr22

ya that would be an idea if you like to shoot .380-reload em. It is kind of costly to start out, but once you get everything you need and start reloading, it is a real benefit. I reload .45 and .223

zzbruno

Picked this up Wed night and can't help wondering if I should turn myself in for felony theft.

What a joy to shoot. I went through four boxes of ammo in less than an hour and would STILL be at the range if they had any .38 left.

A very well-made gun that is easy to hold and easier to trigger. I FINALLY got a good deal!