Dawoo DP51 question

hoek48

I just purchased a Dawoo DP51C (Compact). I know the S&W 59 series mags will fit the full size DP51. Does anyone know if the compact (10 round) will accept the S&W 69 series mags? I paid $295.00 OTD. Here are some quick but not good pictures. The frame is acctually grey with no scratches or marks. Jus a little holster wear on the slide.

dp51-3.jpg

dp51-2.jpg

Last edited:

Magyar

Congratulations on purchasing one of the finest 9mm's on the market...The price you paid was very good and I hope you enjoy firing it as much as I do.
If you have any problems/questions dealing with disassembly, ammo, parts, general operation, let us know.
In fact, I plan on heading out to the range with mine as soon as the weather clears. Give us a range report when you can, and I'll do the same.
You'll like the Tri-action which Daewoo is famous....
As far as using other mags, yes you can use some of the S&W mags, but some just don't fit correctly and you do want the extension. Use original Daewoo mags, they are available on most of the mag/clip sites, eBay, GunBroker, etc... Many of our posters can give you a list, my memory is dead at the moment w/o any coffee....:)
47mamo3.jpg

Magyar

The reason the replies are so scarce: I forgot to mention that these pistols are the best-kept secret in the Western World...
Safe & good shooting to you....:)

Magyar

Solz56, this is an excerpt from my previous, longer post on the subject of the Fast-action trigger of the Daewoo 9mm and the .40SW..
Condensed, but I think you'll get the idea....

"Chamber a round, thumb the hammer forward to about a quarter-cocked position where the firing pin retainer moves down and cams the firing pin safely forward, and then you put it on safety. Here, it appears to be in Condition “2”, but in reality can be put into action as fast as a standard Condition “1” cocked-n-locked mode. This is the way I carry in the cross-draw: perfectly safe. When the ambi-safety is released, the first few ounces of pressure on the trigger flip the hammer back into the full-cock position returning the firing pin into striking mode. The pistol is then fired single-action, eleven times in my case. The trigger pull is so light that it can be scary to the uninitiated."
The unique part of the pistol is firing all rounds in a SA mode with hammer down and w/o a hard DA first pull....:)
For those pistoleros not wanting a Daewoo, Cylinder & Slide sells the kit for a little over a $100...

Magyar

Hoek48,
As promised, took my DP51C out to the range...I rotate my handguns and it wasn't due this week; but your post got the juices flowing to fire a box (Speer FMJ)...Actually, I use the 9mm as my summer carry and fire it more often in the summer.
I started with two targets at 10 yds, but the wind was so bad it tore the cardboard backing off the other PVC frame and no tools available.
Anyway....Shooting "Double Hammer", a.k.a. "double hit", "controlled pairs" etc...
No problems and the joy is giving it a good cleaning & lube job ready for the next trip...:)
DaewooDec4th001.jpg