Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP!

yzingerr

Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP! How do you dissasemble this handgun? I know there are a few of you on this board that have owned or currently own one of these... please help! Also, does anyone know where to get a parts/dissasembly manual for this? Thanks for any and all help! Please respond to YZINGERR@aol.com Thank YOU!

schild

I always thought it would dis-assemble its self if fired. If that doesn't work try pressing in on the firing pin bushing while pulling back and up on the slide. Should work on the P-380, thats how my P32 comes apart.

Snowdog

schild is correct, it should come apart during firing... :p

Ok, seriously, he's right about the "firing pin bushing" if that's what the darn thing's called. Just make sure the pistol isn't cocked and you may have to use a pencil (eraser end, of course) to depress the bushing, then lift up and there you go.

Just out of curiousity, how's the condition of your riflings?

Coronach

I'm just impressed that someone actually wants to disassemble one of them. I mean, whats next...cleaning?

The gun is designed to be disposible, like one of those plastic cameras.

Mike

johnwill

Well, it might fling out a bullet or two, or it might just jam. It also might just drop some parts at your feet, hard to say. :)

Snowdog

Well, mine will fling out a bullet for certain....

Where it goes outside five feet is anyone's guess
(mine lacks riflings after 200 rounds of Hansen 90gr JHPs).