Davidson Inc?

Jeff H

What is everyone's opinion about Davidson Inc? There is a local hardware store that sells guns ordered from Davidson but the prices always seem a little on the high side from what can find at other stores. Are there any deals to be had at a place like this?

AR_Black

Davidson's (in Arizona) is a large distributer. I don't know if they have a direct outlet, but I'm an FFL in Illinois and I am one of their customers.

For all guns distributed by Davidsons, they have a free additional lifetime warranty (in addition to the manufacturers warranty). So, if you purchase a new gun from an FFL that got it from Davidsons, that gun qualifies under this warranty. However, I think it may only be for the original purchaser.

I have noted that Davidson's prices are $5 to %15 higher than other distributers selling the identical item. However, when I purchase guns as an FFL Dealer, I have to talk into account the shipping costs - every distributer has a different policy on shipping and the associated charges.

Sales of new firearms are so competative that I (as a small dealer) can't mark up a new gun very much. Large dealers may get better pricing, or be able to order 20-30 guns on the same shiping charge, thus lowering the added shipping charge per gun.

And, some distributers have "special runs" made just for them. I know Davidsons had some 6" barreled Taures Judge with 2 1/2" Chambers - and I have not yet found another distributer with this model.

As a small dealer, I have almost ZERO overhead, and can order alsmost anything that a large dealer can. But they might get a slightly better price, better payment terms, and have the capital to order more guns at the same time. But the big guys have to mark it up more to pay for overhead.

So, the purchaser must "shop" around to find the model they want with the best price.

45Gunner

As the previous post pointed out, Davidson's offers a lifetime warranty on a gun. If it can't be fixed, it gets replaced. Is that worth a few extra bucks, youbetcha. Maybe not for everybody when $10 or $15 may make a significant difference in their purchasing budget but it is a lifetime warranty and I don't know of anyone else that offers that.

Don H

Dealer's prices on guns ordered from Davidson's seem to vary extensively. A Ruger 10/22 #1227 ordered from Davidson's ranges from $232 to $325 at dealers within a 100-mile range of SLC. I've ordered from Davidson's and it's always been a smooth transaction with timely delivery.

ATW525

Davidson's doesn't sell guns direct, and the prices on their website are MSRP. When you actually order a gun through them, you're really buying from when one their affiliated dealers. The dealer sets the actual price, which is usually lower than MSRP. Typically Davidson's will give you quotes from the three closest dealers and you choose which dealer you want to buy from.

What the dealers are like in your area will determine the deals you can get. I used to live near a dealer who would sell Davidson's stuff for practically cost, so I used to order guns from them all the time.

Snobal

I purchased a gun via Davidsons last fall, another this spring, and most likely would order from them again.

I had the guns shipped to my favorite local gun shop --- and a couple of days later the guns were delivered.

There are no surprises when ordering from Davidsons. You know the sales price from each dealer, the tax and shipping cost. In our local market, the total cost is normally less via Davidson's than if you went to the same gun store and purchased the same gun.

I also like that Davidson's site shows if they have a particular gun in stock and how many they have. If a gun is out of stock, you can leave a request and Davidson's sends you an e-mail when the gun comes in.

Excellent, fast service.

MADISON

Davidsons, inc.

Davidsons, Inc.
Does Davidsons still charge $50.00 more for their guarantee?
They use to have a "We will fix it or replace it" guarantee. Is it still in effect?
Isn't "www.galleryof guns.com" Davidsons?