DATE OF MANUFACTURE OF S &W REVOLVER

doctorj

Hello.

Does anybody out there have access to a copy of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson? I would like to know the approximate date of manufacture of an S & W revolver with the serial number prefix "AFJ". I found a copy of this book at Borders the other day but I couldn't remember the serial number of my gun. This information should be in an appendix, I think.

Many Thanks!

Steven Mace

Doctorj, with a 'AFJ' prefix a Smith & Wesson revolver would have been made sometime between January 1984 and January 1985. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

HEY! I know one of the authors of the Standard Catalog (Rick Nahaus) and by your not buying the book and asking here, you're taking money out of his pocket!

Ok, now that that's said, Steve is correct. :)

I'm certain Rick can do without the money from one book sale, he's got a KILLER collection of Smith & Wesson handguns. Makes me 128 shades of green with envy. :(

Hey, we need an ENVY emoticon!

Blue Heeler

E mail the S&W Historian,Roy G Jinks at willow@crocker.com he will tell you when it was sold--quote serial no. and model.

doctorj

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Thanks, everybody, for your help.

Mike Irwin, please apologise to your friend for me! It's just that the Standard Catalog is a big ol' book for one teensy, weensy question.

Thanks again.