Dart 50 cal. revolver

DUNITALL

I am new to posting but with the help of a senior member here I am!! I have a 50 cal. dart revolver that looks like the new army Remington brass. I found that they are out of business but I cant seem to find any thing on the 50 cal. revolver :mad:

Model12Win

Very cool. I have always wanted a .50 caliber black powder revolver. I understand that an English outfit (Adams?) made a 5 shot .50 cal revolver that was somewhat popular. I'd love to see a repro of this.

I've also pined for a .58 caliber "Super Walker" if you will. Imagine a revolver able to fire Minie balls!! Would be a fantasy piece for sure, but I wonder if a S&W .500 Magnum could be so modified? Or a totally new design based on an older gun such as the Walker? It would be a massive and heavy beast for sure!!

Hawg

The best way to post pics is upload it to a free hosting site like Photobucket and paste the IMG code in your post.

DUNITALL

pic's

Thanks HAWG you have been a great help It may take me a little while but I will get the pic's on here Thanks again for your help. :confused:

foolzrushn

dunitall

Are you saying that your pix is now listed on 'firearms photos'? I don't see a listing for Excam, Dart, 1858, Remington or .50 cal from you. What did you title the photo?

Last edited:

Hawg

Are you sure it's not home brew? I never heard of anybody making a .50 cal Remington, especially one made out of brass.

DUNITALL

dart

it is not all brass, just around the cylinder like they did during the civil war in the south because of a iron shortage

Hawg

it is not all brass, just around the cylinder like they did during the civil war in the south because of a iron shortage

Oh GEEZ!!!

facepalm_zps9e2f274d.jpg

AKexpat

Be nice, Hawg. Are you getting too old for newbies?

Some folks, like me, don't have the expertise that you have...

Maybe this guy is just trying to learn as we all have done, even you early on.

Patience, sir. If he is serious about this, he will learn. That is what these BP forums are all about, IMO.

That is why I frequent these forums as opposed to the modern firearm forums wherein everyone there is trying to compete with one another insofar as who has the biggest, bestest, baddest gun on the planet.

Dunitall, PM me. I can give you my email address and you can send the photo(s) as an email attachment(s), and I can therefore post it here. Been there and done that many times.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger when it comes to this. We have ALL been there at one point or another.

Jim

Last edited:

Hawg

DUNITALL, There were no Remington copies in brass(actually a bronze alloy). Most of them were copies of the 51 Colt navy and all were .36 caliber. BTW there was no shortage of iron during the war.

Better Akexpat?:D

DUNITALL

THANKS

I want to thank all of you for trying to help. I don't know what I have and would like to find out. This may help some one else. VTI GUN PARTS has a lot of replacement parts for old guns. :eek:

foolzrushn

I think Hawg means no brass Remmies made by Remington or the Confederacy back then. Some Italian fantasy repos since then though. As well as other fantasies...wrong caliber,grip, barrel style ect.

Found an interesting ( to me anyway) discussion here:

http://civilwartalk.com/threads/why...tion-concerning-brass-framed-revolvers.75730/

I'm sure there are many other discussions. It's for each to decide what is true, or not, published or not.......just like anything on the Net! :)

foolsrushn