Danish 30-06 headstamp?

Dave P

Can anybody tell me what the headstamp looks like? Gun show this weekend, and I don't want to get ripped off!

TNX
Dave

buford1

If you are talking about the ammo that has hit the market in the past 4 mounths or so .Comes all ready loaded in the garand clips is steel core.The case head says AMA 91. Havent fired any yet but the price was right. Looks like quality ammo.

Dave P

Thank you, gentlemen. I didn't get any at the show, but did order thru cmp instead (I figured they would treat me right!).

Now is this really steel core bullets? WHy?

Dave P

Don, my math said that CMP had a slight edge over midway in price. They want $150 + $22 shipping for 624 rnds (garand en blocs).

CMP Ammo

I can realod cheaper with surplus bullets, but it is always nice to have a few hundred ready when yoou need them.

I think they are going fast!

FPrice

I have bought a total of three cases through various sources. Each time I bought some, another place advertised a better price! My last purchase was CMP and I do think they had the best price by just a bit. And at least the money is going to someone who is helping shooters get surplus military guns.

It is steel core, at least, that's what my kid's magnet tells me. I have only been able to shoot three en bloc clips so far but it seems accurate. At least as good as surplus M2 ball and probably a little better.