dang, why'd I have to go and give my S&W away?

bigghoss

a few years back I got myself my first revolver, a beater smith 4" 19-3. a few months ago I scored a used ruger gp100 so I took my smith to my dad's house and told him he could hang onto it for me. Then I get to looking at these night guard series revolvers Smith&Wesson has now and it dawns on me that the old combat magnum could easily be converted to a nearly identical gun. I've seen the fixed rear units that replace the adjustable rear sight(not sure if I'd go that route) the XS website says to call to check availability for revolver sights but I would imagine they make one that would fit the ol' 19. have a gunsmith rebuild it and possibly have it converted to a round butt and refinished matte black and a set of laser grips would round it out nicely.

oh well guess I'll just hafta win the lotto to afford a new smith.

Webleymkv

A M13 or 65 with a 3" barrel would already have the fixed sights and round butt you prefer without any gunsmithing work.

Boats

You couldn't give me a currently made S&W revolver. Get the 19-3 back.

Oh come to the realization that the GP-100 was the better revolver all along. Most of the hype surrounding Smiths is built upon revolvers they haven't made for decades now.

bigghoss

I didn't give up the 19 to get a gp100. I bought the GP because someone I knew was selling one and latter decided to give the smith to my father who used to carry one as a cop and really wanted another. the smith 19 is a great revolver but for kicking around the woods and doing lots of shooting the gp is a studier revolver and was just better suited to my needs so I decided to let him have the 4'' .357 I wasn't using anymore.

and yes I would love to get my hands on a 3" 13 but I'd settle for any 2-3" 13/65. I almost got a 4" 65 once but I'd much rather have a 3" for a fixed sight k-frame