Dan Wesson value

WVfishguy

Have any of you recently bought a Dan Wesson, and how much did you pay?

I was keeping my Momson stainless Dan Wesson .357 in my car, but I've noticed those things are now going for $600 - $850. :eek:

Hell, I'm more likely to have something stolen out of my vehicle than to have to defend myself.

I remember not too long ago seeing used DW's for $200 and under. A dealer told me he didn't like them because they had no resale value.

I bought mine new for around $300 in the late 70's.

KyJim

've noticed those things are now going for $600 - $850.

I haven't followed prices on these but I did a quick check on gunbroker and saw several wanting that kind of money but nobody bidding that high.

GUNKWAZY

The Dan wessons that usually bring anywhere near that kind of money are the Pistol Packs with mutliple barrels.
I still see blued Dan Wessons in the $250-$350 range at shows and shops.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Sturm&Rugerfan

dan wesson

those of us who know they are better than smith's Ruger, and tarsus, and colts keep are dan wesson's under wraps or on us.

mine are not for sale for any price... & I'm more likely to buy one than sell one... but the only ones that interest me ( right now ) are the pistol packs & with the perfered longer frame for the 357 & 445 super mags... I would also buy the stainless 32 H&R Magnum's, 357 Magnums, & 44 Magnums...

Desert01

The $300 range seems to be the standard for the .357's and .44's with one barrel. After that prices start climbing as you add barrels grips. ect.

Thing about the Dan's is that you have to want to own one to realy enjoy them. They are a great, under respected pistol.

Here is mine:
a45d.jpg

Houge Rosewood grip, de-horned and refinished buy Cylinder & Slide, case buy C Co Woodshop:) I still need to have the 6" shroud refinished to match:(

very nice DESERT... I was going to say that both mine came in cardboard boxes...till I read... at the bottom, that yours rests in a custom case...

BTW... not all of the guns sold with a single barrel, will accept other barrels from the pistol pack... if there is not a barrel shroud retaining nut ( a slotted round threaded nut at the end of the barrel ), the less expensive guns my not accept other barrels...

Chesster

I still see blued Dan Wessons in the $250-$350 range at shows and shops.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

This has been my experience also and at those prices, no one was beating down the doors to buy.

MADISON

Dan Wesson value?

Back in the early 80's I bought a 4 inch blue Dan Wesson at a gun show of $150. Years later, a friend placed a 2, 4, and 6 inch combo [without the case] on consighnment for $300. It stayed there for a year, unsold.