Dan Wesson sight replacement

Duxman

I've got a DW model 357 magnum 15 with a loose rear sights. And upon research (here on TFL) it seems Millet sights are a good replacement.

Here is the gun:
DW357.jpg

Which of these Millet sights would fit the weapon? (It says for model 15 but does not say for 357)

DW00001 $54.95 Rear, .312 White Outline 15, .41 & .44
DW00002 $54.95 Rear, .312 Target Blade 15, .41 & .44

Also what size punch should I use to remove the rear sight? Is there a punch kit that you would recommend?

resugun

Dan Wesson 15

The rear sight is removed with a roll pin punch. Select the size (very small) that fits perfectly. The wrong punch will mar the gun and bugger the pin. The two sights you've listed are not for the .357. Brownell's catalog shows two sights for the .357 but they are no longer stocked. It seems Millett no longer makes rear sights for the DW .357. Try CZ-USA as they now make Dan Wesson guns. I am somewhat confused though when you say the sight is loose. There are two different adjustments on the sight; one for windage, the other for elevation. Are either of the adjustment screws loose or missing? If so, they can be tightened with the proper tool. If missing, you have another problem as I don't know where you could get replacements. From your photo it appears the small roll pin and the windage screw are both present so I'm still confused about what you say is looseness.

Duxman

r -

The rear sight wiggles a little. I will try to tighten it. Im not sure how to do this without taking the rear sight out of alignment.

Maybe that is my issue. Let me check.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am very new at this revolver game.