Dan Wesson question

Duxman

Got my very first wheelgun today. Its pretty lonely in the safe surrounded by semi-autos and stuff but I do love it.

A Dan Wesson 22 Cal Heavy Barrel revolver.

However in shooting it I noticed that after a few rounds the action started to jam up a little - when I checked the gap is was tighter than the 006 that the guns are supposed to hold.

Since i bought it used - there is no barrel nut wrench and feeler guage - can anyone tell me where I can get those? Used or new?

Thanks.:confused:

Randy_che

Parts orders only: (Genny)...... genny@cz-usa.com
Phone: (607) 336-1174 ext 21

Service: (Keith & Phil)..... dwservice@cz-usa.com.
Phone: (607) 336-2622 ext 24

They will take care of you. I got a barrel wrench for a 44 last year and I think it was about $30. Much nicer than the old style too. You might ask for a manual too.

wdelack

Manuals

Duxman,

Congratulations on your purchase!

Try Dan Wesson first for the tools but if they don't have them try the gun auction and classifieds web sites, and of last resort ebay. Expect to pay your highest price on ebay.

You can find Dan Wesson manuals online at this web site:
http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

Duxman

Excellent thanks guys.

After I fix this baby up - I might move up to the .357 - I must say the trigger is so good - I feel like its SA even on a DA trigger pull.

Very light and short. Amazing.

slow944

I've got one of DW's 15-2 model 357 with a 4"bbl. I also have a Colt Trooper that was made in '65. I was checking the action on both this weekend and the DW has a much lighter SA hammer. When you pull it back it's "like Butta" as someone used to say. The Colt has a much couarser hammer IMO. I picked up the DW in my local gun store for $249+tax. Both guns shoot to POA and I really like the looks of a wheel gun. But I like my Taurus MILPRO PT145 as my new CCW. Nice and light and 10+1 of 45acp justs feels good in my hand.:D