Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm

Well after what seems like an eternity I finally acquired my holy grail. Always been a nut for a good 1911 in 45 cal but this time around I went with the Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm. Wow, what a shooter! :D

Done a bit of chrono work and developed a nice load using Accurate No. 9. Avg of 1,393 fps with a ES of 31 and SD of 9. All shots on target in a great group at 20 yards.

v8rdLaN.jpg

mikejonestkd

A good friend has an identical bronze 10MM bruin. Its simply an outstanding handgun, and I love shooting it.
I hope you enjoy yours, they are among the best production class 1911s on the market.

bamaranger

long slide

A long slide 10mm has been beckoning me for a long time. A pal recently got a Kimber, now you post this!!! Nice pistol and good for you. What bullet weight for you load......near 1400 fps?

Thanks! I used a Speer 155gr TMJ over Accurate No. 9 at 15.0gr, to say the least a very energetic load but super accurate. I estimate the 6.3" long slide gives at least another 50 fps vs a 5".

Absolutely love the front strap checkering on this one, not too agressive but yet gives a lot of grip. Rear target adjustable night sight is pretty sweet too.