Dan Wesson .357 Part needed!

tjhands

Hi guys. I bought a Dan Wesson .357 with the removable barrels at a gun show this weekend. The guy didn't have the little tools (wrench and gap gauge) needed to change barrels. Where might I find these 2 tools?

JoeHatley

A standard automotive type feeler guage will work fine. "0.006" is the factory setting. www.brownells.com sells two types barrel wrenches, or you can get replacement parts by calling the factory.

Good Luck...

Joe

tjhands

Thanks for the post, Joe. I looked at Dan Wesson's website, but they don't list either of those parts. I called them and left a message about it.
It's scaring the hell out of me because I checked on ebay, and they have the set listed, and it's bidded up over $100 with 5 days left! Gosh, I hope these are available for a reasonable price. I may have gotten in over my head with this removable barrel thing. :(

MADISON

Dan Wesson .357 Part needed!

A $100 is a bit hight for a .0006 or .00010 feeler gage and a spanner wrench HIGH. Find an older gun store and/or check more gun shows.

Peter M. Eick

I bought one from DW (just call them, they are on the web) a year or so back and it was only about $35 with shipping.

By the way, I usually just "eyeball" my gaps. I have found that over time I can getting pretty dang close to .004 which is where I like it over .006 that the feeler gives.

Good luck.

Japle

I just got one from DW last week. It was about $35 with the feeler gages and Allen wrenches.
My gun is a DW/High Standard with fixed sights from about 1974.
Dw has just merged with CZ and is planning on continuing their wheelgun production. They have the parts for all the old guns, too. I bought a 6" "pork chop" style barrel from them and that style hasn't been made in over 25 years!

John
Cape Canaveral

tjhands

Thanks, guys.

Just ordered one from DW. After checking the website and not seeing the piece listed (why??), I was kind of freaking out. Price was $32 plus $6 to ship.

As an aside.....dang that gun is accurate as HELL. Even with the short barrel and factory .357 ammo, I was turning in some nice groups. Can't wait to get my dies and start making some killer reloads! :p