Dan Wesson 357 Model 11 find

Skans

I found a really neat Dan Wesson Model 11 at a gun show today - it was just too nice to pass up so I bought it. The thing is, I don't know much about the early Dan Wesson revolvers. This one seems to be a very early one - exposed barrel nut, 4" and the barrel shroud isn't like the ones you typically see with the later interchangeable barrels.

The Serial number is only 1288. It's all original, glossy blue in 99% condition. Oh, and it came with the original box, tools and papers. The finish is really nice. I've tried to do a little searching and I can't find much out about these early 357's. Any information would be appreciated.
Here's some photos:

bat%20077_zpstyhxzwqd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

makarov

Very cool! I have a Pistol Pak setup that must be just slightly newer. Same barrel shroud but does not have the exposed barrel nut. Very cool guns and under appreciated. Can get a good deal on them sometimes. Mine came with several grips, one of which looks really similar to the grip on your gun.

Skans

Thanks Makarov. I've always liked the Dan Wesson revolvers. I've even bid on a couple of the pistol packs, but never won the auction. Forgot about them for some time and then saw this one just begging for a new home. I am a sucker for low serial number, first run guns, especially if they are in really nice condition. I probably paid a bit more than I should have for this, but it's worth it to me. Fits nicely in my small revolver collection.:)

Skans

Fitasc, those are beautify sets - I've always wanted one of those too, but they've gotten a little bit pricey for me.

SIGSHR

An excellent find. Has what we DW fans call the "pork chop" shroud. And getting the barrel wrench for the original outside barrel nut....guard that carefully, they are EXTREMELY rare.