Dammit I've missed my single action.

Lavan

Never thought I'd say it, but it's true. Last one was a SAA Colt that I sold several years ago.

Just got a Ruger New Blackhawk 45 convertible.

Hot DANG! My hands have missed the old hogleg! :D

I have zipteen other guns both revolvers and autos.

But NOW...... I got the COWBOY gun back.

WHEEEEE !!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

T. O'Heir

Even us big kids need our toys. Pity they cost so much and government doesn't want us to have 'em.
"...SAA Colt..." Priced those lately?

Sarge

Some things are just necessary to satisfy the soul.

An old Iver Johnson Cattleman (1860 grip) 44 mag in an equally old Mexican rig.

20200918_175702.jpg

Made me feel better too.

aarondhgraham

I'm with you Lavan.

I usually shoot target style semi-auto 22's,,,
I'll often be seen with a nice S&W DA revolver as well.

But every now and then I just gotta get my Cowboy on,,,
That's when I bring out "Lucille" and go all Lone Ranger on some tin cans.

BTW,,,
This is Lucille.

lucille-lr.jpg

Aarond

Bob Wright

Call me cowboy:

I've always maintained that "Cowboy" is a way of life, every day, all day long. It's not how you dress nor what gun you choose. It's the creed you embrace and live up to. It's sort of summed up in Ruger's famous creed, a quote from the past, Lord Byron I believe, "To ride well, shoot straight, and tell the truth at all times." But it even goes further than that.

Bob Wright

Grizzly2

I had a .45 conv but traded it many years ago. Now I have the same model 4 5/8" .45 Colt and really miss the .45acp cylinder. I always thought my .45acp was the more accurate cylinder which hardly seems possible.

Bob Wright

Grizzly2 said:

I had a .45 conv but traded it many years ago. Now I have the same model 4 5/8" .45 Colt and really miss the .45acp cylinder. I always thought my .45acp was the more accurate cylinder which hardly seems possible

And why not? The ACP cylinder is chambered for the ACP cartridge, so the cylinder throat runs from the case mouth to the end of the cylinder, so the bullet is supported full length of travel in the cylinder. Pretty much the same rationale behind the .38-44 and .32-44 S&W cartridges, support the bullet full length of travel.

Bob Wright

And before the flak opens ups, I'm not referring to the .38-44 Special, but the older .38-44 S&W.

Lavan

When I sighted mine in, it seemed to make no difference which cylinder I was using.

Wish I'd taken pix of the group.

Both even seem to have same POI. :confused::confused:

DaleA

I think every guy (and gal) should occasionally channel their inner cowboy...it's good for the soul.

Hanshi

I've owned several since the 1960s. Can you believe I was stupid enough to let every one of them get away? But I do have 4 Rugers, thank goodness.

smee78

I fully understand, I sold a Ruger Vaquero birds head in 45C years ago and was not happy until I replaced it. Now its not going anywhere.

kenny53

There is just something about a single action revolver with a lever action rifle in matching caliber and a double barrel 12ga. Makes you want to put your boots on and swagger when you walk or so I heard.

reteach

My single Seven Birdshead is my favorite handgun. And I don't care what anybody else thinks about it, I carry it concealed from time to time.