Damaged goods

Harry Callahan

Good morning all,

Earlier I had related the story about a friend of mine that acquired an old Colt Police Positive in .38 Special from 1924. He was thinking about selling it(to me!). He has been offered $200 by a local shop but was going to give me a break on the price since we're buds. Well, this morning while putting it in his car he drops it and breaks one of the grips(figures:rolleyes:). I am wondering how much this would affect the value? He said it's a clean break and can probably be crazy glued. I was thinking about buying it from him at a fire sale price and trying to find a grip on Gunbroker. How much should I ding him on price?

ZEBRARANGER

$200. Before broken grip is a great price. You"ll be able to get replacement grips fairly reasonable and easy (not originals). If he discounts it more because of the Broken grip, I'd jump on it. especially if finish is good and tight.

JB Books

Contrary to the above poster's statement, if you want original grips, you can find them. Watch ebay and some of the auction sites. I have obtained original grips for a Colt 1902 and certainly you can find them for a Police Positive.