DAK??

Kilroy08

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, double action Kellerman has two trigger reset points. The intermediate reset point has a heavier pull than the initial reset point.

So, can I get a trigger kit to make it just plain old DA/SA if I don't like the DAK setup?

My main reason for asking all this is that I'm waiting on my carry permit. As much as I like the size of the PF-9 I bought, I just can't seem to hit accurately with it. Yet I can smoke targets all day long with My GP100, Hi Power, and FNP-45.

I'm considering trading the Kel Tec in for a Sig P229 next time a batch of State Police trade ins comes in at one of the local shops. I'm not sure what flavor of trigger group comes in them, though.

Last edited:

presspics

You can change it from DAK to traditional double action. Top Gun Supply sells the parts. Just FYI, the Massachusetts State Police just dumped their P226 .40 DAK pistols due to parts failures. SIG refused to tell the MSP who supplied the parts and only offered to repair the pistols as the failures occurred. Needless to say MSP was not happy with that offer so they dumped the SIGs.

rep1954

I really like the DAK action the way it comes. I had shot DAO guns (revolvers and semi-autos) for many years before getting a DAK. If you have not shot DOA before you will have a learning curve. Right now for starters I would center my energy toward making the OEM gun work as is.

BigJimP

I don't like the DAK triggers...they break way too heavy for my liking...

Now, if it was the only gun / or the only trigger you were going to shoot .. I think you could get used to it ...

( but I shoot a variety of hangduns...about 25 or so ...with a variety of triggers....S&W revolvers, single action revolvers, 1911's ..and Sig's typical DA/SA triggers on some 226's and 239's ...) ...and the DAK is just way too different from the other platforms I like very much - to try and get used to it in my view.

Walt Sherrill

I've shot several DAK SIGs and liked them a lot. I then bought a used SIG with the DAK trigger and it was crappy. (Probably why the seller sold it.) It may be a crap shoot.

On the other hand, I have a P-228, tuned by Gray Guns (pricey work before I bought it) and, among other things, it has the short reset trigger option installed. I'm sure most of the improvement is Gray Gun's work, but it's far superior to any other SIG trigger I've had access to. Unhappily, this is my only exposure to the SRT option... and it's far from a "stock" weapon.