Daewoo DH40 questions

Danase

Hello all. This is my first post but I have been lurking for a month now. I am looking to buy my first hand gun. I really want a Springfield or Glock for concealed carrying but I have a chance to buy a Daewoo DH40 that has barely been shot for $250. What are the pros and cons of this particular gun?

Thanks in advance.

pesta2

Have mine for a while now not sure maybe 10 years or more. Accurate, feels good in my hand, like the ‘triple’ action. I think all in all it is a decent handgun. When I bought it Kimber was importing them and they had ads out in gun magazines. At the time they where common. Have not hand a single problem with mine.

Cons: Try to find aftermarket accessories or parts for them, grips, barrel mags. The over all quality is not to bad but not the best. No support now from an importer, so no warranty, no repair, nothing.

Don H

pesta2 cut to the heart of the matter: parts wear out and break on handguns. Are replacement parts available and, if so, who will install them? For example, recoil springs should be replaced periodically; does anyone sell them? Who sells spare magazines and magazine springs? By the way, who makes holsters for Daewoo?

I've heard good things about Daewoo firearms, and this pistol might be a good acquisition - but for something other than an only handgun - and your CCW, at that!

For you, at this time, I would suggest something a bit more mainstream.

Magyar

Danase, in case you don't purchase it; let me know through a P.M. where it's available...I'll buy it...
BTW, I've found that many of the springs & internal parts are compatible with the DP51 9mm where Numrich is my supplier...As far as mags & grips; plenty on eBay, and various internet sites...However, very rare at Gun shows: pistols & parts....:(
Dollar for $$$$, my Daewoo's are keepers......
2uh8oih.jpg

SOG/MACV

Daewoo

I've had a DP-51 for about 7 years now and never had a problem. Of course I've only fired <50 rounds in that time and I'm getting ready to put it on the market. But overall, it's a pretty good weapon.

robc

I borrowed the 51 from a friend to learn how to shoot semiauto. I liked it a lot. I think I'm gonna buy his. I think the mag release is in a precarious place for my hand though (I touched it a few times while firing and dropped the mag out:eek: ).

SOG/MACV

You'll like it. The 51 is a sweet handling weapon. My wife liked it until I got her a Sig, so now the Daewoo will be going out on the market..

croc4

good guns

I have the DP51C, nice pistol, but as noted parts are hard to come by. S&W mags work in them fine with a slight mod to the follower, model 5900 I believe.

Has anyone tried to find recoil springs from other pistols that work in the Daewoo's?

Magyar

Pesta2, you have the best kept-secret in the Western World for half the price of all the "Ohhs & Ahhs" generated by other owners swayed by over-hyped advertising...
Nice pic of your Daewoo....It will feed your PD ammo with no problems...:)
Oh, how I love the trigger in fast-action....Most pistoleros have no idea what this is "all-about"......;)
44iheea.jpg