Daewoo DH40 and DP51

gak

Looks like Daewoo's Tri Action autos are back in business, with a good recent review in one of the main gun mags. My older (original series) DH40 (.40 S&W) has been great. I used to know this answer, but what S&W mags will definitely fit - no problems? Also, some (if not all?) of the Smiths extend a little low in the Daewoo application? Looking for a good source for reasonably-priced (ha) 11 round mags (what the gun originally came with, pre-ban). Details please.

Magyar

gak, what gun rag were the Daewoo's reviewed? They are the best kept secret outside of the Orient....If they would ever make it in a .45, I would trash all my other pistols....With "Fast Action" mode, take safety off & 1st & subsequent shots all in SA. I cannot make them jam for the life of me.:)
BTW, I have extra DH .40 mag's, new cond., e-mail me I will hook you up for hardly nothing...No need for any S&W mags in these Oriental assassins.;)
Pictured: DP51Compact (9mm) & DH40 (S&W .40)
r94q48.jpg

Last edited:

Sriracha

I hope there will be more spare parts available for these pistols. That is the only thing deterring me from buying one...
-Sriracha

gak

Thanks Magvar - will do. Don't recall the magazine (rag) off hand but will research it. And it may well be Century bringing it back. The only problem I had (from new) was with some ramp/jam-stovepiping - didn't like hydrashoks and some other jhps....gunsmith did a $50 de-burring of one section and it's fine now.

Last edited:

Magyar

Thanks gc70, didn't know about the DH45. The "hunt" is on....:p Maybe a S.Korean officer has emigrated over here and I might luck up...Anyway, I get a bigger thrill in the pursuit than the actual purchase...Who knows, maybe somebody reading this has one "itching" to part with it...:rolleyes: