Daddy-n-Daughter Day

jonnyc

Had to be out of the house early today, so I talked my little 18 year old into going to breakfast and the range. She hasn't been willing to go with me for about 2 years. We shot some trap with my "big and heavy" Maverick 12ga. and she hit about 2/3 of the clays. Next to the 50 yd. range where she proceeded to shoot 1 in. groups with my 10/22. She wasn't too into the 9mm Luger, but she did like killing my troll targets with a Beretta Mod. 71. I got some positive vibes when I ventured that we might like to get a smallish 20 ga. O/U.
Daddy had a good morning.

SgtLumpy

Good job, getting your kids, any kids, anyBODY out and interested in shooting. With almost no exceptions, I've always found that anyone I take shooting has a blast and before long, starts talking about "So what would be a good gun to get started with?"..:D

Sgt Lumpy

joe45c

My son was home on leave from the AF last week, and I took he and his wife to our range to shoot some clays. She had never shot a gun before. I brought my 20ga citori, 16ga A-5, and 12 ga 1100. They shot them all, and had fun.

std7mag

Kudos to all!!!

Luckily I had my daughter ask me about hunting the other year. I decided to take her to the range.
She is now 15 and enjoys shooting her Browning 22, my Mossberg 22WMR bolt rifle, my Hawthorne .410 bolt action, her New England 20ga.

She got a Weatherby Vangard in .243 the other year from Santa... lol

She is accurate with it, and proudly so, but isn't a fan of the bang and recoil, even though we always wear muffs at the range.

I'm looking to experiment with the stock, to see if I can get the "felt" recoil to a place where she is ok with it.