Dad refused compensation for shot son

papercut

And in today's weirder British news....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12015687&method=full&siteid=50143

DAD CASH BLOW FOR SHOT SON

By Matthew Bell

A FATHER whose wife shot dead their four-year-old son has been refused compensation unless he divorces her.

Frank McCarvill, 44, has stood by Patricia, 45, but the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority says it won't give him cash because she might benefit.

He says he needs the money for son Peter, 16, who saw his mum shoot brother Jamie at their home in Dover, Kent.

Mr McCarvill says his wife killed Jamie while depressed about his affair with another woman.

She has not been charged and is receiving hospital psychiatric help.

Mr McCarvill said he plans to divorce her but cannot while she is ill.

He said: "I now have to avoid all physical and phone contact with her."

The CICA said: "It is forbidden for the alleged criminal to be able to benefit from payouts."

bastiat

I believe they confiscate your money and give it to those who have been the victim of a crime.

Unfortunately, having your money seized for a moronic, feel-good purpose isn't considered a crime by most...

So, she shot and killed her own son but hasn't been charged with a crime? If she hasn't been charged she isn't an "alleged criminal" right? I thought "alleged criminals" were people that were defending themselves from criminal charges.:confused: