DA/SA, SAO Pocket Guns...

RedBowTies88

Thinking of picking up a second pocet gun thats even smaller and lighter then my P64.

Looking for something preferably in .32acp (going for smallest size possible) but also thinking about .380

My problem is I cannot stand DAO triggers. They're just not for me. Sadly most pistols of this size employ this firing mech.

What options do I have? The Beretta Bobcat and sig p238 come to mind..but thats all.

Mrgunsngear

Before I read the last line you wrote the Bobcat is what I was thinking. Many moons ago it was my pocket gun and performed well. Never had a malfunction of any kind so no complaints here.

RedBowTies88

The Bobcat seems to be a nice gun, I would definitely choose it over the sig. Just trying to see if I have any other options before my permits come in. (no time to waste in NJ or you'll loose the ability to use permits)

michael t

Well then get a Mustang or the SIG copy then you can carry Cocked and locked . They are both a good pocket pistol. I would leave the beretta in the store . To thick heavy trigger and to many have had breakage problems beretta says no hot 32 ammo. I can carry hot ammo in my KelTec thats about 1/2 price. But a no no in the Beretta.

I have 3 of the Beretta in 25 auto and 2 in 22LR So Iam not a Beretta hater.

Auto426

My father purchased a Sig 238 and I'm planning on eventually picking up one of Colt's newly re-introduced Mustangs. The 238 is a nice little gun, with a decent single action trigger and very little recoil. It's surprisingly easy to shoot it worked well with the different ammo brands we ran through it.

mrt949

I carry a seecamp 32. it's dao .but it does not need to recycle the slide if it does not go bang.

rs97

I had both, a Mustang and Tomcat (which is what I think you mean). There is just no comparison between the two. Mustang, or p238, is a MUCH better shooting pistol. Still have Mustang, Beretta was trading in the first chance I got. Everybody who shot Mustang loved it. But, as with any gun, try before you buy if at all possible and then decide.

RedBowTies88

If I could stand the trigger I would definitely get the kel tec. I just can't fathom the need for DAO when da/sa is available. I know others think differently.

I really like the seecamp as a gun, just not the trigger. I'll have to try and find a shop with one of the baretta's in stock to see how it feels.

Don P

You meen you actually have a CCW permit? OMG in N.J. no less.
Glock 26 26.6oz loaded 9 mm
Glock 36 27.9oz loaded 45acp
Sig P232 21.2oz loaded 380acp
S&W 649 25.1oz loaded 38spl/357mag

RedBowTies88

You meen you actually have a CCW permit? OMG in N.J. no less.
Glock 26 26.6oz loaded 9 mm
Glock 36 27.9oz loaded 45acp
Sig P232 21.2oz loaded 380acp
S&W 649 25.1oz loaded 38spl/357mag

Oh no not a NJ one... those are far more rare then unicorns around here. Luckily a few states have the confidence in humanity to issue to non residesnts. I have a UT and FL permits and can carry when I travel.

I've got a model 37 so I'm good on the pocket revolver front..... I can't stand glock triggers (or the rest of them for that matter... they just don't feel right) The sig however I havent' shot but I believe its the same size or larger then my p-64 and I'm looking for something even smaller.

Undrpsi

.32 ACP

REDBOWTIES...

My super concealed carry is the Kel Tec P32. It's so freaking light and small you forget you have it in the pocket (I have). The trigger is not 'that' bad but I understand what you mean. I am like you in I like a nice crisp triger and I also like actually having a hammer. I have also owned several 'mouse' guns. The Mustang and P238 are basically 1911 mini-me's. Function and break down are almost identical. The P238 has a nice feature that allows the safety to be on AND cycle the slide. That way you can load the weapon and it's still in safe mode. The sights on the Sig are OUTSTANDING. Much better than just about any pocket or mouse gun out there. I had shot several .380's (my wife has a S&W Bodyguard) and didn't like their sharp thin square grips. The Sig I purchased came with the Hogue Palm Swell grips...much, much better.

I fell in love with the .32 ACP...small and soft shooting. I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my Kel Tec...not a .380 but 7 shots of this is nothing to sneer at. I have several pocket guns in that caliber. Uh..pass on the Bereta (I am not a hater...I just don't like the grips on any of the classic Bereta's). I

What about a Walther PPK in 7.65 caliber (.32 ACP)
What about a CZ70 VZOR ? (or CZ27)
What about a generic Ortgies (Ruby type)?

I personally really like my Kel Tec...I shoot it well. I can discharge it inside the car without ruining my hearing (let's hope I never have to either!!). I can load some NASTY Hornady Critical Defense in it. It has no recoil. I don't need to drop into a braced Weaver stance...I even go the side mounted laser (Laserlyte) so I can accuratly shoot it one handed.

Good Luck

Jay