Czexy Mestizo

AlexGRT

Just went to the CZ forum for the first time. I have always been a big fan of the CZ75, but now even more so. They have soom great pics on that site. I never thought of getting a two tone, but I saw a compact model with a black slide on a nickel frame that was so sweet. What's the difference between the PCR and the regular compact?

Eric Larsen

Cool, a CZ fan...I love em.
The compact is a steel frame/regular CZ style safety/reg 75 sights/75 mag release/ etc...the PCR is alloy frame/decocker safety/low "novak"style sights/ext. mag release..its weighs 5-6 oz less than the compact. They are both
very nice..but the PCR would be a better all day carry piece.
The PCR has a different spring guide rod set up also. If you go
to the "compact" section at the CZ.Forum...you can find what I
missed......
shoot well

AC's & 45's

I may ruffle some feathers here, completely unintentional if I do.

The only model CZ I own or am really familiar with is the 75Bmil.

I am fairly certain that since these were military contract guns they are probably not machine or finished quite as nicely as the commercial guns. That is not to say they are not well made or well finished. I can't really compare the external surfaces.

The one I am looking at is finished internally, as well as my last Colt 1911 purchase. I think without looking, I bought that one about 1993.

I paid ~650 for that Colt and $309 for my CZ ~ 1 1/2 years ago.

The Colt is a SS Enhanced Officer's ACP.

Chose your words carefully over at the CZ forum. Those at least used to be a little insecure. I tried to get a CZ vs. 1911 debate going. All I got for trying to participate was belittled, condesended to. Dipsicks failed to realize I was there because I like both designs.

Eric Larsen

CZFORUM.......

AC...Just a note. I am a CZer..I am also a Moderator on CZForum.
I dont hide the fact that I Love the guns....despite my Compact
having a couple of hiccups along the way. I kinda understand
where you are coming from, but I posted on your 1911 thread.
I like 1911's too. I believe you will find the general "feel" of
the forum is relaxing a little. Our place" is growing quickly and
will get more diverse with every new member. We are there
primarily to support, shoot, talk about, b.s., make comments, ask
questions etc etc etc about CZ guns and the people who own or are enthusiasts. Not soley for that reason.....I for 1 was glad to
see your comparison at our little corner of the net. The forum
has taken some heat from other forums including from members of TFL.....just ask, I have gone the rounds with some people here.
You will get comments there just like you will here...but our little sect has very little diversity as of the present.....but it is changing little by little every day......

I can explain better..I am a Mod on the forum. I own the most problematic Compact that I, the forum and CZUSA has ever heard of to my knowledge. I posted a thread about how I screwed up
selling my PT 940 to get the damn thing...but I fixed it and it
works very very well now. I bitch and rant more than most on
the forum...but I also support CZ guns and the forum like I know
I want to.

I hope you check it out again sometime and post whatever the H*LL you want....I will look forward to it. You are welcome anytime.

Shoot well