Czech VZ 52 SHE Rifle question for you C&R guys

Rome

I hope some of you C&R guys can point me in the right direction.

I've been looking for hard data on the Czech VZ52 SHE rifle. I'm curious about items like production numbers, dates, distribution and the like.

Also, I'm going to eventually replace the barrel of my rifle. Does anyone have the headspace dimensions available? I suppose I can have the gunsmith measure the existing barrel before he removes it but I'd like to actually have the numbers.

Finally, does anyone has a good source for parts for this rifle? I'm particularly looking for the butt plate clip/pin that mounts in the stock and holds the butt plate in place. I stupidly broke mine while reinstalling it after refinishing the rifle. I've tried Numrich, btw, without success.

Any and all info will be appreciated. You can post here or feel free to email me directly.

Gewehr98

Returning at least part of the favor...

Hi, Rome!

Here's a guy who carries at least a few VZ-52 parts in Largo, FL. I've bought stuff from him for my restorations:

http://www.surplusfirearms.com/vz52.htm

I'm on my laptop right now, but as soon as I get home I'll pull up my other VZ-52 bookmarks and send them your way. (Which wouldn't be a bad reminder to update the VZ-52 website, now would it?)

:)