CZ97 on par with the CZ75?

gac009

Like the title says, I want to know if the CZ97 is just as good as the 75. Are there any problems specific to the .45 CZ offering.

It seems to me that the 75 is alot more popular in 9mm threads than the 97 is to .45s.

Any opinions?

tango3065

I have been told that the 97 will choke on HP and the factory claims they were intended for FMJ only, but I don't personally know for sure but I do know that the CZ75 will feed both.

Mark54g

That is one of the issues with the 97 that I heard of too. Grip panels can be hard to find as well. Sending the 97 to the factory for a trigger/throat job can make it the equal of almost any .45 under $1500. They are also on the large and heavy side, but very accurate. They would make poor carry guns unless you were about 6'7 and 300lbs.

M1911

Yes it is a great gun but it is huge in the grip.

It will not fit many peoples hands.
+1.

It is really, really big. Handle it before you buy. It may work for you or it may not.

deadmarsh

They are a nice handgun, equal in QC as the CZ75...

As for carry, they are no more difficult to carry as any other handgun if you have good support equipment (holster, belt, suspenders, etc.). They are on a larger frame, that's for certain, but handle quite well and are usually very accurate...

To those who collect or carry .45ACP handguns, they are a great addition in the safe...

Dead

chris in va

http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792

One thing I have heard mentioned is an occasional cracking of the locking block. Just browse through some of these threads and it'll give you an idea about the gun.

I shot one a couple years ago. What a fantastic piece. It had a trigger job and I just didn't want to give it back!

As far as carrying one, think Dirty Harry. :p

This gives you an idea of the size comparison...

cz1911bq4.jpg

roc1

Cz

I have the 97B and 3 75B"s.The 97b is very accurate and I have not had any problems feeding anything including my Lasercast SWC.The gun is heavy but handles the 45acp with ease.It is mainly just a little taller not much wider as I stretched my Hogue grips off my 75B 9mm to fit it with no problem.It is as accurate as my Sig or my Colt 45.It is a little larger but then again so is the hole it punches.You will like it a lot
roc1

8ring

I own a CZ 85 Combat (purchased 2003) and a CZ 97b (purchased 2006). In 5,000 + rounds, I have had less than five failures to feed with the 85 due to overly long reloads. I have had no failures to eject or other problems with it.

My 97c is much newer (less than 1,000 rounds) and may not be broken in. It has had a few problems feed round nose flat point bullets and doesn't like 200 SWCs at all. Slightly oversize cases have become stuck and I now put all my reloads throught the case guage before they go into the range bag.

Although the finishes are not comparable, the satin nickle 85 has a better overall finish than the black polycoat 97b.

I don't like the stock sights on the 97b and had CZ competition sights installed when I bought the gun.

The 97b is very accurate. I have large, thin hands with long fingers and the grip fits perfectly.

I recommed it.

Chris

czf

large and heavy, the reason why most people keep the tack-drivers for Range gun, however, some do carry them on a daily basis.

Workmanship and accuracy are far above your basic mil-spec CZ75B, but so is the price for new ones.

Now that we have a indoor range opening soon. I'm kinda regretting the sale of my customized 97B. Would make a good show off gun, as it had phenom accuracy.
461716-big.jpg

doncameron

I have a clone of the CZ97 (EAA witness in .45acp)
and love it!
I use it for daily carry (Fobus Paddle holster)
Very accurate, large grips (Rubber)10+1rounds.
mine feeds ANYTHING I want and LOVES IT!

ATCDoktor

I own both the CZ75 and the CZ97.

My CZ97 is the most accurate (out of the box) 45 acp I have ever fired.

It will shoot to the point of aim with any 230 grain bullet and will keep 10 rounds on the face of a silhouette at 20 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger

As mentioned, it is large. Larger than some people would like for a carry gun.

There are not many holster copanies build holsters for this model.

Some say it has problems with HP Ammo. I have never fired HP's in mine so I couldn't say.

It is extremely reliable with RN FMJ's and all stoppages that I can recall occurred during the break in process.

How does it compare with the CZ75?

The ergonomics of the CZ75 are better in my opinion than the 97. The 97 doesn't handle as well but with a little work it it easy to get used too.

My CZ75 is accuarate but the 97 beats it in this department.

It is amazing how that big bastard shoots. The bore is devoid of machine/tool marks and shines like a house of mirrors. It appears to be hand polished.

I always wanted a 97 and when I found one at my local Post Exchange I jumped on it. $499.00 OTD. When I got it home I found out the Model I purchased was one of 60 satin nickel CZ97's manufactured. Something of a rarity but it certainly does not keep me from shooting it.

Here's a Pic of of the CZ75 and CZ 97 Side By side.

The CZ75 is 23 years old ( Purchased in Germany) and recently refinished in ROBARS NP3.

picture172.jpg

Here's the 97 by itself

picture171.jpg

BigGun97B

I've got a CZ97B. I'm a regular size guy and I do not understand why people say that the grip is so monstrously big. It's not as big a grip as a P14-45 Para. I guess maybe I'm comfortable with a pistol with a big ol' handle on it. The 97 I have did have a little bit of a problem feeding Hydra Shok and other rounds like that. It was primarily designed to fire issue hardball ammo. But, if you polish up the feedramp it will digest most everything. I know it is kind of hard to find aftermarket stuff for it. Grips and other stuff were kind of tough to find for it. But it's been out for a couple of years now so that has to be getting better. I've also got a CZ P-01 and a CZ SP-01, both derivatives of the 75. The 97 is just as good a weapon as the 75. It only figures that it would be since they come from the same company. CZ does good work, no doubt about it. I'm going to be buying some of their rifles pretty soon.