CZ75b trigger?

Z400ACDC

Can the DA trigger weight be reduced with just a hammer spring like a D-spring on the Beretta92? I just bought a new 75B and enjoy shooting it except the 12 pound DA pull. Thanks!

railroader

Yes you should be to get away with a 13lb. hammer spring. If you get light strikes go up to a 15lb. Some places say the factory weight is 20lb. but I'm not sure.

Walt Sherrill

Fishbed77 said:
I recommend shooting it a bit before you make any changes. The CZ75B trigger takes some time to break in.

That is true -- maybe as many as 400 rounds (or a lot of dry-firing). But, even after a lot of rounds fired (or a lot of dry-firing) the trigger you end up with may still not be what you want.

For me, there's little pleasure in shooting a gun with a crappy trigger -- especially if I know there's several hundred more rounds to go. I'd rather spend a bit more (than the cost of all that ammo) for parts or have a local gunsmith tune things up.

Some of the CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works parts are drop-in parts, and there's instructions on this site or on Youtube to guide you f you feel that doing the work might be a bit beyond your skill level.

Dan-O

What Walt said. Why waste money on ammo, and have unpleasant shooting sessions? I’d rather spend a couple hundred bucks on cgw parts and get a pleasant trigger.

Jim Watson

Yup.
I had one gun for which the manufacturer's house gunsmith said "No need for an action job, just dryfire 2000 times and it will smooth right up." I clicked that sucker a hundred times or more a day for three weeks with no detectable improvement. I contacted a good gunsmith and got it like I wanted it, three weeks wasted.

Areoflyer09

Adding to the CGW parts, a home polish job would do wonder for smoothing things out. There are several good threads in it in the CZ forums, just work slow and it’s easier than it sounds.

T. O'Heir

"...dry fire 2000 times..." Is worn parts, not a trigger job.
A Wolff Hammer spring pack for standard and long slide 75's runs $10.80. Gives you a 16, 17, 18 and 19 pound reduced power hammer spring. They say the factory spring is 19 pounds.

Jim Watson

A "trigger job" including polishing of working parts may just be accelerated wear. Lots more than 2000 clicks.
Weaker springs on rough parts may not work as well as you hoped.