CZ75B Recoil Spring

pdiamajr

I just bought a recoil spring from wolf for my CZ75b and the spring came longer than the original. about 3 coil longer. I tried to install it but will not fit. My question is can you cut the spring to fit without problem. Pls.help.

Don't Start Cutting

Before removing material, you should try something non-destructive first.

Compress it using a long 3/8" bolt or threaded rod plus a couple of washers and nuts. Don't take it all the way down; just get it to half it's current length or a bit less. Then leave it for a day or two. The spring should 'set' about 1/2" shorter.

This worked quite well on the Wolff Browning Hi-Power spring that I put in my CZ75.

Hope this was of some help.

Pilot

Keep trying. It will go in. I did the same thing and instead of removing coils, I was able to get it in and let it sit for a few days. It works fine now.

glockorama

Mine is the same way. It will fit. It seems harder to rack the slide, but it still functions 100%. And it will handle hot +p and +p+ loads much better.

plom

Don't cut anything, believe me if there is one place in the world where they know about springs it's at wolff's. Had the same issue first time but as soon it's in the gun it will be easier to install.