Cz75

BigG

I just got thru reading a book called CZ75 Family: the ultimate combat handgun.

Why would the author make this claim?

I don't have a CZ handgun (yet) ;)

Czech

I guess it's just a claim, of the sort some people and companies make.

Like, the perfect handgun, etc.. :)

Good guns they are, though.

hansolo

"...ultimate combat handgun"

I own a CZ 75B and it is a GOOD handgun, but "...ultimate combat handgun"? I'd look up HYPERBOLE in the dictionary, as in "What does it take to sell more of your books".:p

Cee-Zed

Since "ultimate" actually means "last," it's kind of silly no matter how you look at it.

The Ramos book is very poorly written, so it does not surprise me that this was your reaction. Claims of this type are generally referring to the fact that the CZ SA/DA system (as opposed to the more common DA/SA system) is the last major development in combat handguns. As much as I love CZs, I must admit that the Glock 17 was pretty darn innovative.

deputy tom

BigG,I don't know about the book You read but many years ago Jeff Cooper ,after examining a CZ75, said that "if it was made in .45acp it would be the ultimate combat pistol."This info was recently stated in an issue of Combat Handguns Magazine featuring the CZ .45acp American.tom.

SteveC

So...What Jeff Cooper means is...

That means the CZ-75 is the "penultimate combat pistol" and that cz-97 is the "ultimate combat pistol"

caz223

He wasn't referring to the cz97, but another CZ .45 that hasn't been introduced yet.
Mainly because he helped in the development of that particular pistol.
I hope it comes out soon, because I'd prolly buy it.

Eric Larsen

Well...I wont comment on the "Ultimate Combat" scenario....way to openended....
Its one of the 3 top fighting or Combat guns of the past 100 years....BHP, 1911 and 75 are, IMO, the best of the best.....
As far as what Cooper said I love it. Many people have stated that his opinion is gospel...and I wont discount that. A couple of people have said that he stated at one time or another "d/a is just a waste..s/a is the only way to go"...I get to say...nope!
He loves CZ's and they are d/a"......the typical response is
"Really...whats a CZ?"..........

CZ has a couple of guns coming out next year...or thats there proposed release dates...you all know how that goes.

A 40 S&W CZ 75B Compact thats melted for carry and should be a 10 +1 rnd gun...called the "Comp Carry"

Others are on the block..but arent confirmed by anyone yet.

The "RAMI" or the super mini version of the CZ isnt scheduled for production at all as I know of yet. The gun many people think is coming out..never worked. The designer in CZ UB wanted the smallest CZ possible but never got it to function...thus no production.....

Just an update.

Shoot well

BigG

Thanks for all the feedback! :)

Col. Cooper participated in the Bren Ten development which I understand is a CZ75 variant. I remember reading his Commentaries where he was pretty positive about it. The gun itself costs a small fortune for one in decent condition and with magazines. I saw one that was over $2000. :eek:

I'll have to get more familiar with the CZ handgun lineup. I have a CZ550 rifle and think the world of it.

How are the clones? Tanfoglio, EAA, etc.?

bismark

My favorite carry pistols are the CZ75 and the HKp7m8. I was very suprised some years back when I bought my first CZ. I no longer own any Glocks or Sigs, they just didn't get used anymore once I got the 75.

deputy tom

CZ97B American...

The article ,written by Pat Rogers, is in June 2001 issue of Combat Handguns Mag. on page 16.Cooper is quoted from 1977 when He said "the CZ75 is possibly the most advanced 9mm service automatic in the world." In the same paragraph He said if the CZ75 could be chambered for the .45ACP cartridge it might well be the most advanced service pistol in the world.
He also includes in His statement that in His(Coopers) opinion the 9mm is a "marginally effective cartridge."

While I don't own a CZ75B yet,I do own a Tangfoglio Witness Compact 9mm which shoots great.I'm currently attempting to trade it for a full size Witness or CZ75B as the Compact is a little heavy for it's size IMHO.tom.

sven

All this talk of CZs reminds me of another reason CZs are so great: Hakan makes grips for them!

I just updated Hakan's website with some new information and pictures, so check it out and see all the great woods Hakan can use to make custom grips for your CZ 75.

Hakan's Custom Grips - Web Site

Flame_amboine_28.jpg

The CZ's are at the top for sure.

The CZ is an off shoot of the Browning high power wich was the most used and proven combat pistol of all time and the BHP was used by more countries and climates than any other pistol to date. The CZ is a tough reliable and accurate handguns that IMHO would have been a better choice than the Berreta for our boys in service!

To me the 75 CZ's hard to beat in the DA/SA class and cost less than most also. My favorite is this one the 'Pre B" origanal 75 with the round trigger guard and no FP safety.
fd1718d8.jpg

DDGator

I am no expert, but it is my understanding that the CZ-75 is issued to more military/police agencies around the world than any other handgun. The popularity in the US is relatively new, but this is a proven combat handgun for quite some time. Just look at how many copies there are of this basic design...

Richard

My take is it is the best service 9mm for the price. The operative term is 9mm. I prefer the 45acp but of 9mms the CZ75s are the best bang for the buck. Are there better 9mms at higher prices? Yes, the Glock 19, Sig P226 and Walther P88 come to mind. Regards, Richard:)

deputy tom

Well,I went out today and traded for an unfired CZ75B.I can't wait to pick it up.The Dealer ran out of transaction papers.tom.:(

Cee-Zed

DD Gator wrote:
"I am no expert, but it is my understanding that the CZ-75 is issued to more military/police agencies around the world than any other handgun. The popularity in the US is relatively new, but this is a proven combat handgun for quite some time. Just look at how many copies there are of this basic design..."

That is correct. More agencies issue it than any other pistol. That can be a bit misleading, though.

1) The Beretta 92FS and variants may lead in total number of pistols issued. I'm not sure. The US armed forces really push the "total pistols" number up there. At the rate that CZ has been selling pistols in Africa and Asia (especially since 1991), the CZ 75 and variants have to be closing in rapidly on that total pistols figure as well (and may have passed it). CZ has a few major contracts that cover both the national military and the police of several countries (such as Turkey). Several of these countries have a unitary (rather than federal) government, and all police forces are "nationalized." That adds up very quickly.

2) Depending on how you count Glocks, they are up there too. Theoretically, ALL Glocks are G 17 variants, but the use of any one particular Glock model is pretty limited. The G 17 is the most common overall, and it is issued by the Austrian, Norwegian, and Swedish armed forces (if I recall correctly). It has a fairly large US law enforcement presence, but not much elsewhere. It is not as common in US law enforcement as it once was, as it has been replaced by other models (including Glocks in .40 and .45). With Beretta and CZ, there are some variants in the popular models (92 and 75), but they are still in the same caliber, at the very least.

I just wanted to clarify this. The CZ 75 (and variants) is issued by more militaries and law enforcememnt agencies than any other handgun. It is essentially replacing the BHP in the "ubiquitous 9mm" role.