cz75 disappointment

vikingextreme93

I have thought ever since I bough my cz75b with polycoat finish that I would love a matte finish stainless(love a nice stainless pistol normally), but I have never been able to see one in person. I found one on gunbroker that was about an hour away the other night so this morning I drove to the shop and it did not wow me like I thought it would:(. Maybe it was because because the shop was a bunch of aholes who were anything but friendly they only seemed to give a crap about the local guys who they were bs'ing with. It really kind of bummed me out that the wow just was not there, on a brighter note I guess it will save me a little money since now I am thinking about the nickel finish as I have seen those and liked them. So now I am sitting here with 800 bucks in my pocket and no new pistol...I think I need a beer!

jhenry

I guess those guys at the shop have no intent of actually selling guns. To bad for them. A local shop has a nickle CZ75 and although I generally like blued or matte blued handguns, I have to say the nickle version of that CZ was really talking to me.

tekarra

Yeah, I have been in several shops like that as well. Too bad you passed on the pistol though, however if it didn't "wow" you, it is just as well.

farmer-dave

Most local guys that hang out in the gun shop and know the owner by name, generally drop some serious coin down on a regular basis. The owner was just focused on his best customers. I wouldn't take it personal, I've been both the local and the visitor guy.

larryh1108

I have a question for the CZ crowd. What is the difference between the CZ75 compact and the P01 compact frame wise? The P01 seems to cost a little more but I have no idea what the differences (if any) are. Since this is a CZ thread i thought I'd post it here. Thanks.

Stringfellow

The compact is a steel framed pistol and the P01/PCR are both alloy and a lot lighter.

P01/PCR have a decocker and the compact has a safety instead of a decocker.

There are also some differences in metallurgy and production tolerances (P01's parts are supposed to be drop-in without fitting), but they should have little impact on the average civilian user.

The P01 has a tac rail, and the front area is accordingly a bit chunkier.

I think that is it. Did I miss anything?

larryf1952

I just had my CZ75B refinished by Accurate Plating & Weaponry. When I ordered the gun in 2008, I thought it would come in the matte stainless version, but it arrived as a high polish, shiny stainless. I don't like shiny guns, but I thought that I'd get used to it. I was wrong. Anyway, AP&W applied a brushed, hard chrome to the gun that looks just like a factory brushed stainless. Cost me just a smidge over $200. I am completely pleased with the way that the gun looks now. This is the 2nd gun that they've hard chromed for me...they did a formerly parkerized Springfield 1911A1 for me about 15 years ago. Here's a pic of the CZ...variations in color are due to lighting.

IMG_2884.jpg

FoxtrotRomeo

Most local guys that hang out in the gun shop and know the owner by name, generally drop some serious coin down on a regular basis. The owner was just focused on his best customers. I wouldn't take it personal, I've been both the local and the visitor guy.

Yup been there and done that too. I've learned that if I want really fast service there is a trick.

Grab your bank envelope full of cash, place it on the counter/showcase with your hand on top (so nobody jacks it) and start looking at the pistol you like.

Money talks and bs walks, works everytime. :)

geetarman

Larry,

Just a quick comment. Couldn't you have had the gun lightly bead blasted to take the shine off rather than plate it?

Either way, you have a nice looking gun. I do not have any stainless CZs but do have an SP01 and a 97. Both are super shooters.

Geetarman:D

yep... the hard chrome looks nice... but I've also been wanting a polished stainless gun... started our CZ collection long ago, & not really being an auto guy, I haven't bought any new CZ's lately... I think I could see a polished stainless as my "one" new auto for 2011... the new Taurus TCP was my "one" new auto for 2010, an FN 5-Seven for 2009, & a Witness 10mm for 2008

Witness has that "Wonder" finish... a nice grey... the last 2 were both plastic, & are my only plastic guns... yep... I think polished stainless CZ-75 is in order for 2011

old jeff

I picked up a Witness Target made around 2003 in 9mm last year from a friend in my club. It's ported with a match chamber, came with four mags, and shoots groups about the size of a golf ball at 15 yards. The trigger is great and I really like that Wonderfinish too!

Only one problem, because the barrel is ported, cast bullets leave a little bit of a mess to clean up.

BTW: Here's one that was at auction (no bids) that would have left lots of bucks for both beer and ammo ...

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10115999