CZ52 threaded barrel accessories?

DKconfiguration

I have a CZ52 (7.62x25) which I've thrown allot of work and money into, and it's probably my favorite gun right now. It has a threaded barrel from F.A.C. which is a 12x1 metric thread RH twist, which is of course totally unique and unheard of, except for the original clunker muzzle brake which F.A.C. used to sell years ago (they are long out of business). I am wondering if anybody has heard of anything in 12x1 metric RH for muzzle accessories, flash hider, slant brakes, anything....?? Alternately, does anybody know any gunsmith who does machining to make custom flash hiders or muzzle brakes?

Here's a pic of the gun and the stuff I have done to it:

cz52small3.jpg

--Harrington hardened competition firing pin
--Harrington hardened rollers
--Harrington hardened extractor
--Best tension old/new stock springs I could find
--Wolf brand 16.5lb recoil spring
--Wolf brand +power magazine springs
--F.A.C. threaded 7.62x25 barrel
--Duracoated the entire gun and internals with Duracoat S.L. (parker gray color)
--Fingerrest extended floorplates on mags (modified from custom Tokarev type)
--Painted SiteGlo dots on rear & front sites
--Re-painted safety-off red dot with brighter red nailpolish
--New knurled walnut grips from "Parts4U" guy on G.B.

Last edited:

NickW

Sorry DK I've never heard of any muzzle accessories for a CZ52 except you could screw a Can on the end of the barrel, would not quiet it down because that's one smokin hot round, but it sure would look cool.:)

Nice Pistol. IMHO

zombieslayer

Nice looking 52. I'm glad others share my enthusiasm for these. I have no idea about muzzle attatchments. Good luck though. Be sure and post something if you find one.

ADB

This website has some photos of a custom-made muzzle brake for the threaded barrels that supposedly reduced the kick. No idea though who made it, and it's listed as a custom job so I'm not aware of anywhere that would have it.

http://www.makarov.com/cz52/

Where did you get the magazine floorplates and how much did they cost you? I heard the manufacturer no longer produces them.

crasher455

re" This website has some photos of a custom-made muzzle brake for the threaded barrels that supposedly reduced the kick. No idea though who made it, and it's listed as a custom job so I'm not aware of anywhere that would have it.
"
The muzzle brakes previously sold at makarov.com were made by me.
George and I decided to stop making them after the supply of threaded barrels for the CZ-52 dried up.

Currently I am doing a production run of extended floor plates out of steel for the CZ-52 pistol they should be available in about a week.