CZ52 in 17 HMR

hotcha45

I ran into a used, nice shape CZ in 17 HMR and came home with it. These rifles get lots of good press in 22 lr, anyone have experience of them in the HMR and any suggestions as to a favored brand/type of ammo? I have Hornady Varmint Express, Federal Premiums and something else (forget what)to try as soon as I get a scope on it.

LilHog

I don't have a .17 hmr, but I do have a CZ 452 .22 mag and it is an excellent rifle. Well made and very accurate, it is a beautiful piece. I believe 90% of all .17 hmr ammo is made by CCI but sold under different brands, so basically it's almost all the same. I have several CZ .22 rifles also, no complaints there either, they are all very accurate. Be careful as once you have one CZ, soon you will have many more!

Last edited:

roc1

CZ rifles and handguns are top notch having owned several and still do. The 452 22 lr I have is very accurate and a beautiful rifle it makes a good companion to my CZ 550 American in 243.I also have a Brno 22lr it has the best action I have ever felt on a rimfire rifle. I would like a 452 or 453 in 17HMR. I have a friend who has the 17 Mach2 it shoots great so I would expect the HMR to be as good.I love my CZ rifles and handguns. The CZ pistols are the best in my book bar none and I have owned or shot all kinds believe me to finally reach that conclusion.
roc1

Crazy Carl

LOVE my 452 American .22LR & have a 452 Varmint .17HMR due in any day now.

The .22lr did 1/2" groups (5 shot) at 50yds, out of the box, with just some CCI Greentag. Can't wait to see how the .17 shoots!