CZ100 or Glock 19

Rob96

I am currently contemplating these two pistols. I already know about Glock pistols, but was wondering if anybody has any info or experience with the CZ100. I also know the CZ1oo is about $200 cheaper. So how does CZ's polymer pistol stack up?

Walt Sherrill

Having held and fired both, I'd take the Glock 19.

I had a CZ-75 and loved it, and now have a CZ-85 Combat which I love more.

The CZ-100 has a crappy, long double-action only trigger. Except for that its a pretty good gun. You might be able to get used to it.

The trigger on the Glock 19 is better, the gun is pretty darned good, straight out of the box.

Pay the difference and get the Glock, or check into the CZ-75 Compact or PCR. (Cheaper than the Glock, may outshoot it, smaller, etc.)

blades67

I think the CZ100 would be the way to go. At 200$ less you could afford a good trigger job if 100$ worth of ammo didn't smooth out the trigger to your satisfaction. (I also have the habit of buying both when faced with a choice like this. I haven't had the money to buy both at once, but I eventually wind up with both all the same. :))

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

I hunt, therefore I am.

Walt Sherrill

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blades67:
I think the CZ100 would be the way to go. At 200$ less you could afford a good trigger job if 100$ worth of ammo didn't smooth out the trigger to your satisfaction. (I also have the habit of buying both when faced with a choice like this. I haven't had the money to buy both at once, but I eventually wind up with both all the same. :))

[/quote]

The way I understand it -- which may be wrong -- the trigger design of the CZ-100 is really such as to not allow the type of trigger job possible with the other CZ pistols. The polymer frame and the trigger is made is quite different and the pieces interact differently. (Gun Tests magazine loved the gun and hated the trigger, and said they felt part of the problem was the trigger bar rubbing against the polymer frame, and flexing while it did so.)

I've also heard that the trigger greatly improves after a couple of hundred rounds -- so that may be the easiest solution.

BerettaElite

I had a CZ100 in 40sw and for the $360 I paid for it, it was a pretty good deal. I didn't have any malfunctions and it was ported with adjustable sights. Not to mention disassembly was easy and the gun was simple to operate. The trigger took some getting used to however. If resale is an issue for you, get the glock.

F

faiello5

The trigger on the CZ100 is worse than terrible, at least on the couple I have tried. I called CZ and there is really nothing that can be done for it. CZ also said that the gun will be coming out with a traditional DA/SA pull sometime in 2001 and will be called the 110.

Regards,
Frank

VictorLouis

I have a CZ100 .40, and I've owned and fired numerous Glocks. The CZ's trigger is its sore point. Yes, the pull does smooth up drmatically with use; but, that does not change the fact that it is LOOOONG. It is not, thankfully, unduly heavy. My SWAG would be in the 8-9lb. range. I have every confidence that the trigger CAN be smoothed up with a little attention. The problem is, there are no armorer's instructions out for it yet, in English. I do not wish to attempt it yet, due to it's somewhat unorthodox design. Mike, the CZ gunsmith, said that he cannot send me the disassembly procedure because of liability. As soon as it is available directly from the factory, that will be fine.

I'm guessing that I've still got less than 500rds. through it. It's under 3" accurate with any decent load, and it recoils less than anything else in its class. Some of that may be due to the porting, but I think that ergonomics has a large part in it also. The pistol simply points like a dream. Mike also told me the same regarding a planned DA/SA version, set up similarly to the Smith&Walther SW/P99. If it is brought in at the same price point, I predict this version will soon develop quite a following.

Gregg

Victor, What do you think of the grip? I had a chance to handle a 9mm CZ 100 over a year ago. As stated, the trigger sucked. It was long and mushy. Another thing that got my attention was the grip. Although the ergonomics of the grip were fine, the surface seemed to lack any real texture for a good grip. The CZ 100's grip seemed to be slick IMO. This is just the initial impression I remember. I am a CZ fan (CZ 50, 75B & 97B) but I just found that particular piece not my cup of tea. Have you added a Hogue Handall or anything to help with the grip? I had heard that CZ was to improve the trigger and look at doing something for the grip.

VictorLouis

Greg: I don't feel that the grip is unduly slick. For example, the grip on my P97 was very slippery, and I've textured it with an engraving pen. I don't feel the need for that treatment on the CZ. I DO want to eliminate the !@#$% serrations on its trigger which are quite irratating. Again, I'll wait for proper intstructions so that I can accomplish the other mods at the same time.

My major 'problem' is that I am constantly:
a)Bumping the slide stop and causing it to
lock open with rounds still in the mag. OR
b)Riding it downward preventing it from
locking open on an empty mag.
This is simply due to its compact size and the way my hands wrap around the frame. I feel that I can alter the shelf just a bit to prevent its inadvertent activation. I haven't abandoned hope for it yet.

viper

Rob96,

You might want to ask yourself this simple question(if you intend to use the gun as a carry piece or home defense gun):

"Which one has been proven in combat?"

There are certain handguns that exist in the world that are beyond despute. The CZ has one of these in the 75/85. However, the CZ100 does not have any kind of established record among professionals in any of the martial fields.

The list of professionals that carry the various Glock pistols(the 19 being perhaps the most popular of all among them)is extensive and includes: mercenaries, bounty hunters, shooting instructors, combat instructors, special operations personnel, intelligence personell, f.b.i. agents, and elite police units.

Now, I would venture a guess that one would be hard pressed to find even one of these people that would opt for the CZ100 over the Glock 19 if it's for a personal carry gun for themselves. The answer to your query is truly easy as pie...

Glock 19, Glock 19, Glock 19--Great God O'Mighty, Glock 19. I'm free, at last.

------------------
Let's just hope we don't get Gore'd in November.
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd much
rather get some Bush.