CZ ZKM 452 Varmint

Jezz

hi guys, wanted a bit more info on this gun. from what i have heard it is a pretty solid gun. looking at getting 1? any info would be great, especially on the trigger. thanks:)

T. O'Heir

Can't afford one, but CZ firearms are top notch kit. The Czechs know how to make a firearm. Stocks are decidedly pretty too.
Silly buggers have discontinued it in .22 LR though. Only available, new, in more expensive .17HMR.
'1' is not a word.

22-rimfire

Great rifle. I have one in 22LR (452 Varmint). You can install a trigger kit to improve the factory trigger or you can buy the 453 which has the set trigger. Check out RimfireCentral forum for info on the kits (CZ sub forum stickies).

Last edited:

lej0012

22rimfire is spot on. I had a 452 varmint, great rifle , the factory trigger truly does suck tho.

The 453 comes from the factory with a set trigger. Think they are about the same price so save urself some dollars getting a trigger job done and get the 453 if that is an option.

If you are after a short range varmint gun id go with the .17hmr, accuracy is better and range is extended. Good luck :)

pilpens

checkout rimfirecentral.com

I have 452s and a 453 in 22LR.
453 varmint - trigger is farther forward than the 452. I have not used the set trigger function. No creep, no overtravel. shoots best with SV ammo. action screws are located on the action. Did not need to bed the action. had to do minor sanding to free float barrel. Trigger is very good. Would have been better if trigger reach was same as the 452 but I do notice the difference when shooting.
452 varmint ( I do not have this one but I have a 452 trainer and 452 American). So, I can only speak of the trigger. I chose to put an AS adjustable sear and reduced spring ($60-70). costly compared to other trigger mods.
Very clean crisp trigger break. There is overtravel but does not seem to hurt shooting results. 452 varmint has 1 action screw on the barrel and 1 on the action. people seem to bed the whole action and pass the barrel action screw.

I bedded my 452 american with action screws on the action.
No bedding on my trainer - similar action screw setup as the 452 varmint.
There are cheaper trigger fixes.