CZ Vz-58 Magazines

Billy Sparks

I recently acquired a Vz-58 rifle and I REALLY like the ergonomics or I just like it because it is different, I can't tell. Anyway what I am looking for a magazines for it. I know CZ has them for like $30 a piece but does anyone else know of a source for them? Even though it looks like a AK it does not use AK magazines.

HorseSoldier

Google "vz 58 accessories" -- the supply might be drying up now that there are a bunch of rifles out there, but as recently as a couple months ago you could get four 58 mags, with cleaning kit and some other odds and ends in the Czech GI issue leather mag pouch for $40 from a bunch of places. $10/mag is quite a bit better than $30/mag if they're still out there.

BTR

A warning- if you bought the vz 58 from CZ firearms- I think it has 2 usa compliance parts in the magazine (does it have a plastic follower and floorplate?). If so, using surplus mags without these parts is technically a felony.:mad:

straightpull

VZ 58 Mags

I got VZ-58 from CZ. Yes, came with compliance mag (2parts). I also bought 20 mags from Century when they were less than $10 bucks a piece and 2 sets of accesories (8 mags) from Centerfire when they were $39.99. There's floor plate and follower for compliance at TNG or something. Almost $7 a piece. I worry though of what would happen if I drop a loaded mag on the concrete floor and the floor plate hits. The plastic (polymer) floor plate might hold, or it might not and shatter on impact or crack. I don't even trust the one that came with the firearm. So now, I am thinking getting US-made pistol grip (or making my own) and US-made piston is the way to go so I can use any magazine I have legally. And it's cheaper considering the number of my mags.