Cz-usa

FLA2760

I have a chance to pick up a slightly used CZ83 .380 for $ 250.00. Are these things any good and are there parts available? It hold 12 rounds and is the stainless model. It has some holster wear. I don't know any thing about the CZ line however it felt good in my hand. Thanks. :D

Axion

CZ's are very well respected around here. Do a search and you'll find lots of people raving about them. I don't however know anything about the specific model you're looking at.

JWT

Don't know about that particular model, but I own a CZ PCR and it's a very nice gun. Solid, feels great in my hand and shoots great. It's been jam free other than one time with some very dirty ammo. You'll find lots of 'post' on CZ's and all will be positive. Many members own more than one CZ and almost all of them rave about their guns.

Doubt very much that you'd be disappointed with a CZ. They have many fans.

ranburr

If that gun were made in a single stack configuration, it would be the top selling compact .380 around. As it is, it is a very good, if large for the caliber pistol.

CZ83s are very nice for the smaller caliber pistols and they even still make them so parts will not be a problem in the for see able future (not that I have EVER needed to get parts for any of my CZs). I own an 85B 9mm, a 75-SA 40 S&W and my Mom has an 83 in .32; I have not had a moment’s trouble with any of them.

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=40

Twelve rounds magazines are the highest capacity that I know of for them and they make ten round magazines as well. You got an excellent deal on the one you just picked up. I normally find that model going for closer to $400 in worse condition than what you are saying yours is in. Excellent buy, I hope you have fun with it; you will not be disappointed in it.

briang2ad

That is a good deal!

Consider that import 82 models are probably the same price after shipping and transfer, and the 83 is newer and a little more refined. They are VERY accurate.

hj28rules

I have had a CZ83 .380 (blued) for a couple of years. It is a fine, reliable, accurate and robust pistol. For some, it may be a little heavy/large for CCW. I do not find that a problem. Easy to dissamble and clean and parts are not a problem. Percieved recoil may be a little stiff for some folks but I corrected the problem with after-market walnut grips. It is an elegant pistol and handles Gold Dots, Hydra-Shoks and other hot hollow points with ease. It also comes in a .32ACP version.

LM...Ft. Worth, Tx.
PO1 USN: 1964-1972 Viet Nam Vet
SFC US ARMY (NG): 1982-1996 Desert Storm Vet KKMC (ret.)

dairycreek

CZ 83? Terrific gun. Will take any ammo and spit it out without complaint. Here's a pic of mine that I have had for about 5 years without any trouble at all. It is a fantastic gun and I recommend it without any reservation what so ever. $250.00 is the price? Go for it.

CZ83FIST1-R.jpg