CZ - ultimate rifle

Waterengineer

I caught Shooting USA tonight and their show segment about the 300WSM "Ultimate Rifle". The claim is this rifle has MOA at 600 yards!

First, Irene Mandrel is still hot (I'm probably showing my age) - the new spokeperson for CZ-USA.

OK, now about the rifle. Why would CZ select the 300WSM for this exercise and not provide it in other calibers? Are they planning to make it in other calibers too? Personnaly, I'd like to see it provided in .270, 24-06, .243.

Their website does not provide a MSRP. Shooting USA said the price and optics would be chosen by SHOT. Does anyone have info about availability and price?

Everyone have a great weekend!

- Craig

Waterengineer

Yep

Hotbarrel;

Yep - I'm in total agreement - CZ missed their self-imposed deadline, the website posts no price and suggests the .300WSM will be the only cartrige. thay is kind of the reason for starting the thread.

I think we all know that many, many websites are woefully out of date.

I am hoping that some of the wise sages that hang around TFL will have some informaton to share.

- Craig

Hotbarrel

Actually, I'm surprised they have anything up on their website at all. The New for 2006 surprised the hell out of me, although I see there's no link on the image itself. I've been a customer for five years, and I've found the forums and press to be quicker than the company page.
Even CZshooters and CZ Forum don't have anything to say about SHOT.
I was excited to see they'll be offering left-handed rifles, although only in rimfire. I guess I could make room for a highly-accurate .22, but I'm on the lookout for a .308 to go with my Savage Model 10 .243.

Hotbarrel

Good info, eerw

$3,150 for sub-MOA at 1,000 yds! I'm reminded that quality costs, baby! I won't be adding the Ultimate to my gun safe, but I see about $2,000 worth of CZ products that might find a home here.

I'm still pleasantly stunned that CZ is so quick in updating their website!

FirstFreedom

I wish they'd direct resources away from updating their website and into getting SP01's to distributors. :mad: Do want a .458 Lott American Safari Mag 550....

eerw

getting SP01's to distributors.

they are starting to show up..
there were one or two on gunbroker, also in the classifieds on CZforum.com.
Also you might try contacting Angus Hobdel at Ghostholster or calling CZ-USA directly..couple of shooters in my area have ordered theirs..after shooting mine..

JH1

Being a huge cz fan, i cant wait to see the "ultimate rifle" hit shelves. One-thousand yard MOA guarantee.....unheard of!!!!!!!

JH1

Yeah, but take a factory remington, winchester, browning, or weatherby .300 win mag and try to shoot a ten inch group at 1000yds.......I'm sure their out there, but call and ask these companies if they'll guarantee that kind of group.

Also, remember that that equates to a five inch group at 500 yards. That's good enough to kill a big game animal, not that i reccomend anyone, especially myself, shooting at a game animal that far. But thats a long, worn out thread already:cool:

As far as the price goes, remember to take subtract the ungodly price of the big NF scope, if cz offers the gun seperately. As much as I love cz's, the price that was left after scope subtracted would be waaaaay to high.

Foxman

As well as MOA being desirable it is also very common, with premium ammo just about any modern rifle off the decent manufacturers will easily give that sort of accuracy ( just over the 1" at 100yds) at 100yds. With any of those rifles the MOA at 100yds is entirely down to the shooter and the ammunition, + the scope. This is just marketing BS if you stop to think about it!

Marlboro Man

Of course it's just marketing. How many people are even capable of shooting MOA at 1000 yards, how many people have the place to shoot 1000 yards, how easy would it be for a manufacture to say you were using the wrong ammo, to much wind drift etc. ect ect. !?!?!?!?

I love CZ and they are by far my favorite rifles but this isn't anything other than good marketing.

JH1

I totally agree that most factory rifles today with decent ammo can easily shoot into an inch at 100yds, but keeping that kind of accuracy out to longer ranges is a whole 'nother matter. Look through your scope at 100yds then 1000 and see the difference. And of course there arent many average shooters who could utilize that "moa accuracy" at 1000 yds, myself being one who probably cant hit the broadside of a barn at that distance.

And yes, there are too many factors to consider when shooting at 1000yds. I've never shot at 1000, but on occasion i do like to fling some lead at 500, and this rifle should be up to the task that others may not be. The point is, the rifle is made with the kind of quality that some people desire.

Like i said, 1000 yds is not important to everyone, but to some it is. Lets not just discount this gun as "marketing ploy" before its ever been shot by any of us. There, i stopped to think about it.:)