CZ RAMI Range Report

O/U Mike

Got to take my new RAMI in 9mm to the range last night to get acquainted. Ran a box of 100 115g FMJ WWB through it before the range was closing. I had one FTFeed which I think was my fault by not seating the 10th round all the way back in the mag and/or a "lazy" rack. The mags were a little tight when trying to load the last round, but I think will loosen up a bit with use. Other than that, no problems (other than my aim). Recoil was very acceptable. I found I did better just pointing it than trying too hard to aim it. Not sure what the sight picture should be, 6 o'clock or center hold. With my GP100 revolver, a 6 o'clock is dead on. Any feedback on that would be appreciated.

The grip fits my hand very well, and the pinky finger over the mag bottom actually helped establish a good foundation when shooting 2-handed. The gun is a lot lighter than my Baby Eagle, but not too light.

It was a good first date. I'll be asking her to go out again this weekend, so we can get even more acquainted. :D

JDG

I use the 6 o-clock, lollypop, sight picture on all my guns. My CZ was dead nuts at 15 yrds. Great guns!

HSMITH

I shoot a RAMI that belongs to my buddy quite a bit. I hold dead on to hit dead on with it, center hold.

His mags haven't loosened up much if any in a couple thousand rounds.

He does have one mag with a weak spring in it already, bolt over base jams. A new spring fixed it up. It also won't work with 75/85 mags unless they have at least 10% extra power springs in them. I mention the 75/85 mags since they are a little easier to find and make nice practice/range mags. Pretty typical of a small light slide autoloader, they DEMAND good mags and good springs to function.

The RAMI I shoot is nicely accurate, I can shoot 3.5-4" groups with it offhand at 25 yards on demand. I can also but a ragged hole with it at 7 yards shooting very quickly.

I think it is a real winner and there are VERY VERY few subcompact handguns I will say that about......