CZ Rami 2075

Dan-O

Just got one of my pre Billary panic buy guns. A CZ Rami with a manual safety. Not a fan of de-cockers. Anyways, also had a used Theis holster delivered today for a Glock 26. For giggles I slid the Rami in the holster. Fits pretty damn good. Have been waiting on this gun for a while so I ordered a CGW Short Reset system from them. Installed it and made quite a bit of difference. Although, the out of the box trigger on the Rami was way better than it was on my 97b. Wonder if the smaller gun allows more leverage, which makes the stock trigger feel nicer.

chris in va

I always considered the RAMI to be on the chunky side, but it would be on the list if I were to need a subcompact. My Kahr is nice but the single stack gets a bit tedious.

aarondhgraham

Kinds like my first wife,,,

Kind of like my first wife,,,
Short, thick, and perfectly functional. ;)

I've always liked that pistol,,,
A friend just got a new one last week.

We took it to the range and fired 100 perfect rounds through it,,,
He and I were both able to hit very well with it.

He's almost through the 500 round pack he purchased,,,
So far he's not had one malfunction of any kind.

Like the old knight said,,,
"You chose wisely."

Aarond

Moonglum

I had one in .40 and I just couldn't get it to run so after several trips back to CZUSA (Customer service was phenomenal BTW) it found its way into a Pawnshop and I got an M&P9C.

FWIW my experience has been that RAMIs are heavy, clunky low capacity guns and there are FAR better carry options starting with the PCR

Bachá

I was looking for one here in my country.... (Guatemala)

I just got a beretta 92 compact as my first gun but need something smaller.

The safety model HAS to be carried cocked and locked right? Being new to firearms I don't really feel confortable carrying that way. I got the bad surprise that the safety model costs $961, but the decocker that I wanted costs $1600 :eek:

So I took it out of my options... :mad:

It takes magazines from bigger CZs right?

Moonglum

Bacha said The safety model HAS to be carried cocked and locked right?

No, you can manually lower the hammer and the gun will fire in DA mode and all subsequent shots will be SA

Bacha said It takes magazines from bigger CZs right?

Yes

Bachá

No, you can manually lower the hammer and the gun will fire in DA mode and all subsequent shots will be SA

Do you feel comfortable manually decocting?

you need the gun to be cocked to engage the safety right?

Last edited:

Dan-O

I feel comfortable decocking with my thumb in the way. Correct that it has to be fully cocked in order to engage the safety.

Did 4 years in Guate in the late 80's and early 90's. Beautiful country.

Bachá

Did 4 years in Guate in the late 80's and early 90's. Beautiful country.

Thank you... What were you doing here :)

Why did you pick the RAMI instead of all the other subcompacts out there? convince me to take one for my self... it is really cheap right now jajaja

I feel nervous about the manually decocking thing...

Dan-O

I worked at an embassy. This is really just a fun gun. I carry a Glock for a living, but I own and enjoy shooting other makes.

Can't really answer your questions about the decocker model as I didn't even consider it so I don't know what it has to offer that the manual safety doesn't.

Surprised that guns cost so much in Guate now. When I was there, everyone had one, and it seemed as though they were pretty easy to come by.

Bachá

Yes... ultra expensive. Glocks cost $1800 to $2000 :-(

The new gun laws passed in 2009 and messed everything up. It was supposed to make us safer.... but of course it failed.

Moonglum

I was too but it became routine very quickly and in all the years I owned CZs I never had the hammer slip out of my hands.

If nothing else you could put a small rod through the ring on the hammer and use it as a handle to lower the hammer

Dan-O

Moonglum,

For someone that thinks there are better choices other than the Rami, hou have sure made this thread your own.

Moonglum

Dan-O I'm sorry I wasn't aware this was your forum.

Bacha asked some very specific questions about the RAMI that I could answer from experience so I did . He doesn't seem to take issue with that

Pond James Pond

Don't feel nervous, as long as you are careful (as in doing things carefully).

I have to manually decock my CZ every time I do an IPSC match.

Point the gun in a safe direction. If you plan to do this in the home, then have a bucket of sand with a thick board of wood either on top or under it and use that as a place to point the gun at.

Once aimed safely, grip the hammer firmly with finger and thumb, then (and only then) gently squeeze the trigger and lower the hammer smoothly.

Just don't rush it and don't get lazy about how you do it.

When I do it I have the added motivator of a Range Officer scrutinising my every move. Act like you do too and all will be fine.

smokehouse4444

I just bought an XD mod 2 9mm yesterday, and now I am wondering. I was going to shoot it this morning, but I might wait until tomorrow while I check out the RAMI.

Do you have any experience with the mod 2 for a comparison with your RAMI? It is intended as a "tweener" carry gun for me. Love the SIG DA/SA type action but just haven't found one small enough for regular carry that was in a decent price range. I also have an XDm 45 so am familiar with them as well.