CZ Poly finish and oil compatibility

Bilbo

Hi!
CZ 75D Compact IMHO is a GREAT pistol. It comes however only (as far as I know) in so called "black polymer" finish, which actually seems to be paint. Well, at least on a 1998 production pistol it seems to be quite hard and durable, its only disadvantage being the possibility to make a deep scratch on it.
But my question is a bit different. Any firearm, regardless of its outside finish requires proper lubrication. When you use some kind of oil, it's not unlikely that some of the oil will run on the outer surface of the gun. When this happens I wipe it out with a cloth. But it seems to me that the poly finish becomes with this matted, I would even say - tiny scratched. I really hope this is just my imagination, and that's why I am asking you is there a possibility the oil to dissolve or in some other way damage the finish. (By an advise of a friend-armorer I use "olio Beretta" for cleaning and thin lubricating oil, called in my country "machine oil", for lubrication.)
Also, how this polymer finish should be maintained as any grease or oil (that one would use on blued guns) makes it just... greasy and oily.

Thanks!

Bilbo

MTAA

Your trippin dude, you have nothing to worry about. I always wipe down my polymer CZ with a leftover oily patch (brother's oxy pad will suffice) when I'm done cleaning it.

Tom B

I have only had my poly finished CZ for a couple of months but I haven't had any problems with the finish. I oil the outside of the gun after each use (as well as inside). I use Hoppes gun oil and grease. No problems. You may want to look at making a brand change of your lube.

cobraman

Hey I answereed your ? over at the CZ forum as Matt. But I will reiterate something is wrong with your lub. I put further thought into(slow day at work) If the lube scratches your finish it isnt the right lube to use on any gun.

Ledbetter

I had the same concerns

When I bought my polymer-coated CZ-75BD, I had the same concerns about the finish. I have been told it is applied over a Parkerized under-coating, so it is like two finishes one on top of the other. I wondered how any oil could get through the polymer to the parkerized surface.

In any event, there have been no problems with the finish in the year since I bought the gun. I keep it in a foam lined under-bed safe and it is still beautiful. Of course, you must use cloth, not paper towels, to wipe your gun. I use Mobil One synthetic motor oil for wiping and lubing and Lubriplate white grease on the slide rails.

Good luck,

Ledbetter

Destructo6

My 1992 CZ-75(no 'B') with polymer finish has had all sorts of gun oils on it from Tri-Flow to graphite grease and I have not noticed a bit of wear I could attribute to them. The only wear is around the muzzle end of the slide, and the blued controls (safety and slide catch).

shiroikuma

They come in other finishes too. You can get them in blued, matt nickel and two tone schemes. Order one if you shop doesn't have what you want.

shiro