CZ PCR vs CZ P-01

Selfdfenz

Howdy,
I was about to get a PCR then the NRA arti came out on the P-01.
Depending on who you contact, the P-01 could be here in 6 weeks or 3 months or....

From the sound of it the P-01 has been very well designed and tested but I can't see a big difference over the PCR except that it has that accessory rail for mounting a light or laser.

The more I think about it ,the less I like the rail idea on a concealed carry piece. Just more bulk. I would never use that feature.

For those that have a PCR, do you think in P-01 is just a modified PCR or is it a new and really much better firearm? Would you wait or get the PCR now? I finally ruled out a Khar.
Appreciation for all responses in advance.

S-

jeff c.

I have the PCR and love it.

I agree with you about the light rail...not something "I" want on a compact handgun. That is the only difference that I've heard of.

My PCR shoots equal to my SIG P220. NO ftf, fte, etc...and I've run 6 differant brands of ammo thru it.
Bench rest, or handheld both guns group very well. And the same size goupings. I had a Glock 19, but it didn't fit my hand as well. So I couldn't shoot as well as the SIG and PCR.

Good luck,
Jeff C.

Eric Larsen

The P01 is a redesign of the Compact/PCR Cz gun. It has been said by CZ its a complete redesign. Others say its just an improved version of the PCR. Either way, it is an improvement over the current gun...mechanicals are smoother than any other CZ gun, trigger is smoother and lighter, tighter tolerances etc etc.
The full length frame/rail set up is a given improvement regarding accuracy and fitting. I cant say I have any experience first hand...all info is from CZ, the forum and so on. The PCR is a stellar gun as is the Compact 75. Prices of the new gun are not yet known and I expect them to be a little more than current guns. If you want a PCR I wouldnt hesistate to get one...on the other hand, if the new gun REALLY is what they say..it would be worth the wait.

http://www.cz-usa.com/_p/lep01.php

Shoot well

Attachments

• pcr01.jpg
    pcr01.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Shmackey

Will it be available with a real safety (like my beloved 75B Compact) or just the decocker (like the current PCR)?

RBull

The PCR is already amazing gun and if you do not have any specific reason why you should want the P01 (like the accessory rail), then you do not need to wait - it will make you the same good service.
The P01 is further developement of the PCR, intended as police duty pistol. It can be more functional for some, but it is also almost "glock-ugly" :) Do not get me wrong please, I love Glocks as they are pure functional and well thought-out design. And so is the P01.

Take care
RB

SteveC

Can't see much of a difference...

It seems that the P-01 is basically a PCR with an accessory rail, and possibly improved manufacturing standards.

My PCR has been an excellent gun, but there were definitely internal surfaces that could use better polishing and finishing (most notably the slide and slide rails). I ended up lightly polishing the rails myself, and the slide action is now very slick.

The finishing could also have been better applied on internal and/or hidden surfaces. Doesn't affect functionality or the appearance, but you notice it when you go to clean.

My guess is that the P-01 has the rail, and better polishing and finishing. I don't know if the hammer forged barrel is a new thing or not.

The only sorts of "electronic accessories" that I might need are hands-free cellphone adapters or a wireless mouse. I guess I could continue to shoot while carrying on a phone conversation, or use a P-01 as a pointing device for my computer. Or maybe it will interface with my PDA, and when I double-click on an entry in the addressbook, the gun will automatically shoot that person for me?
Now - THOSE would be accessories that I'd use all the time. And maybe it would give me a good justification for a CCW...

Steve

Rusty Jr

I just put a deposit down and ordered a PO1 from CZ Connection here in Norcross, GA. The price was $399. I sure hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to 3 months:(

Selfdfenz

Thanks

Thanks for the PsOV.
Rusty
They (Cz conn) quoted the shortest time until they believ the P-01s will arrive. 3-4 weeks. That was less than CZ-USA....August.
I think I would pay that too but I might be able to get a PCR with better grips of NSs for about much too.

I am leaning to the PCR. Less metal but maybe less refined than the P-01. I guess that means it would ware out early in the life of my grandson:) where as the P-01 who knows.

S-

jeff c.

Please make sure how many magazines you get from the CZ Connection with the gun. He has good prices, but he likes to take out one of the mags to make up the difference.

Call and verify with him on the magazine count. The factory ships them with 2.

Good luck,
Jeff C.

Eric Larsen

I hope Phil at CZ Conn isnt being overly optemistic. He can only get the guns from CZUSA..they are the only distributor for the states for CZ guns.....Shoot well

Rusty Jr

I called CZUSA today. They said the P01 will probably be out in AUGUST...bummer. So I'm still looking for a PCR compact.

Selfdfenz

I have a query into two e-dealers to see what a PCR will cost.
One has an office close by so I could drive over and close the deal.
If CZ Connection plans to sell the P-01 for 399 would you guess the PCR will be less or about the same. Right now the asking price on Gunbroker or Auction arms is about 399.
Strangely at the local shows I see 75 Compacts but have only seen one PCR and it was insanely overpriced at $469.

Also, do you think CZ will drop the PCR somewhere down the road? Would you think the $ will drop once the P-01 hits the market in some volume?

Sure wish theP-01 and PCR had a safety and not a decocker. Not used to that.
S-