CZ P10-C: A Positive CZ Customer Service Experience

TunnelRat

Hi All,
Basically I just wanted to give a shoutout to CZ’s customer service. A little while back I purchased a P10-C optics ready. I had shot the pistol for a few hundred rounds without issue. When shooting some Winchester NATO ammunition I was getting infrequent light strikes, say 1 in 30 rounds. The same ammunition ran fine through both a Glock 19 and SIG P365 XL. In the picture the top case shows a light primer strike where the bottom case fired fine.
yVlo7Kfl.jpg

I went through CZ’s online submission and had a prepaid shipping label in a day. I sent it out the next day. Two weeks to the day later and my pistol was returned to me. During the process I got an update email every Friday. When the pistol was sent back to me I received an email with the following explanation:
Work Performed: Extended throat. Deburred and polished striker. Cleaned out striker channel. Test fired good 65 rounds of 115gr Sellior and Bellot and 147gr Magtech hollow points.

On getting the pistol back I noticed the trigger was much smoother when pressed to the rear, so I do think the deburring and polishing of the striker made a big difference. I fired another 100 rounds of the same ammunition with no issue. This picture shows cases that were fired the second trip out.
dHh3mt8l.jpg

Given the quick turnaround and excellent communication throughout I am pretty happy. Ideally a pistol wouldn’t have to go back to a manufacturer, but in dozens of pistols owned at this point I’ve seen issues from just about everyone I can think of. Having good customer service is a plus.

TR

Chui

Should have asked for an RMR OPTICS PLATE and the Euro BUIS. [emoji2957]

Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunnelRat

Should have asked for an RMR OPTICS PLATE and the Euro BUIS. [emoji2957]

Just kidding.

I actually got that kit a few months ago (I bought it before the pistol lol). After being out of stock all the time I signed up for the notification on CZ Parts. The first time they came in when I was subscribed they were sold out in less than an hour and I wasn’t fast enough. The second time they ran out while I had it in the cart. The third time I got one. I wanted to ensure function of the base pistol before installing my red dot.

Chui

I actually got that kit a few months ago (I bought it before the pistol lol). After being out of stock all the time I signed up for the notification on CZ Parts. The first time they came in when I was subscribed they were sold out in less than an hour and I wasn’t fast enough. The second time they ran out while I had it in the cart. The third time I got one. I wanted to ensure function of the base pistol before installing my red dot.

I’m not speaking about the kit sold in the USA with the too-tall Aluminum sights. In the initial photos they had sights that were essentially “Lower 1/3 Co-witness (steel) sights”.

They are in Europe but cannot be exported here.

TunnelRat

I’m not speaking about the kit sold in the USA with the too-tall Aluminum sights. In the initial photos they had sights that were essentially “Lower 1/3 Co-witness (steel) sights”.

They are in Europe but cannot be exported here.

So right on the box it says the plate is made in the US but the sights are made in the Czech Republic. I haven’t finished the install yet but they look to me like they shouldn’t be too tall and would be more like a lower 1/3 co witness. I’ll update when done.

Chui

So right on the box it says the plate is made in the US but the sights are made in the Czech Republic. I haven’t finished the install yet but they look to me like they shouldn’t be too tall and would be more like a lower 1/3 co witness. I’ll update when done.

Ooh!

Photos?

TunnelRat

6de041d13e9f62357ffca949ed3034af.jpg

New front sight is currently on the pistol. I had to essentially murder the old front sight to get it off, and that was despite me using tape and a plastic hammer first and then tape and a brass hammer second. The stock rear sight and I are having a discussion. I may need someone with a hydraulic press. I don’t get why they use set screws. They’re beyond unnecessary.

Chui

These are the ones that will
Co-witness with the dot. I find them too tall. They are Aluminum so be careful.

TunnelRat

I don’t get how it would be an absolute cowitness. Which optic are you using? They’re not that much taller than the stock sights and the stock doesn’t clear the optic body. When I look through the optic currently with the stock rear but at the right angle for the front sight it would just be a lower one third cowitness.

TunnelRat

So this is the end result. The dot is on the front post because that’s where I adjusted it for when I go to zero the pistol, but seriously if the iron sights sat any lower they wouldn’t even function.
5fe9d16792422e663ca81b52c5fc3dd4.jpg