CZ P07 Duty: Updates?

TunnelRat

Hey all,
So this is out of the blue for me but I have a yearning for a CZ. My first semi auto was a CZ 75BD. I loved the gun but it was a jamomatic and instead of sending it back to CZ, because I was impatient :eek:, I got rid of it.

I have been looking at the Duty as an option. It's relatively cheap and I like the Omega style trigger option of a decocker or a safety. I looked at some previous posts and I noticed issues with mags that were so tight that they wouldn't drop, or some people said that is the way it is but my 75BD dropper free, and conflicting reports of people saying the trigger was great and others saying it was horrible. Some people said the sight paint would just fall off too.

Have any of these issues been resolved at all? What is the general impression of it? I don't expect miracles from a $400 gun but I would still like to know.

-TR

candr44

The magazines are suppose to drop free. If they don't, there is something wrong with the gun. I have come across PO7s that had the magazine so tight it had to be pryed out.

The early pistols had problems but CZ has worked the bugs out. They also changed their plastic formula to make the frame stronger. They did this because of a small bulge that formed on the frame but it had no effect on the guns function.

The trigger on mine is good and my pistol is very accurate. Its easy to shoot and hasn't given me any problems. I have no regrets buying my PO7 and I often take it to the range.

CZ is also comming out with a longer barrel version of the PO7 in 2012.

MikeNice81

My CZ P-07 had no issues with the magazine dropping or the frame bulge. However, loading to the full 16 rounds when carrying wore out the magazines quickly. I have been through three of them in less than five months.

Mine also developed a jamming issue after 400 rounds. CZ has had it for about three weeks now and I haven't heard a word from them. MY experiences with their CS department have made me less likely to buy a CZ in the future.

hermannr

The pre "b" CZ 75 has an internal flat spring the was intentionally designed to keep the mag from dropping free. It has been changed in the "b" designation 75's and their counterparts.

I have several early CZ's and none of the mags drop freely when the magizine is empty. Also, you have to be careful that you do not have an early magizine in the later models, or later magizines in early models. Sometimes they work, but more often the do not. The later magizines are just a touch different.

BamaShtr

I too have a P07, mine being a very recent one, from what I can tell. Mags drop free, and everything seems to fit fine. As for the round capacity, I load 12-14 rounds in my mags. I don't want to overstress the spring. Heck, I dont feel undergunned using less rounds. My carry gun used to be an 8-shot Sig P6 (P225), and the Browning HiPower MKIII before that was still not as many as the CZ. I bought the CZ 75 P07 because it felt good in the hand, and had the ergonomics to really handle shooting well, like my old custom modded 1911-A1 racegun. The trigger is good for a double action gun, and a bit of TetraGun grease on the sear made it even better. Now I just have to break it in good - the fun part.

lucky13gunowner

The CZ75 P07 that I used to own was one of the most jamtastic guns I ever wasted money on. There is a large gap between the extractor and the barrel which is present on all the P07s I've seen at gun shows. The CZ82 on the other hand usually retails for half the cost and was made during an era when common sense went into CZ's designs.

MikeNice81

CZ replaced mine with a 2011 model. There seems to be a lot of improvement in the polymer. It just feels much firmer and more rigid. They also improved the serations and that improved the ability to grip the slide. The DA trigger pull also seems significantly lighter.

CZ has made a lot of big strides with the gun. However, the paint is coming out of the rear sight already. I have not cleaned it, shot it, or manipulated in any serious way. I have racked the slide back and released it a few times. The paint peeling is not anything I did. It seems like they used a latex wall paint instead of the proper type for the material.

If I take it out and shoot it I will post an update. I may just trade it in on a Stoeger, Ruger, or Sig.

Walt Sherrill

CZ has made a lot of big strides with the gun. However, the paint is coming out of the rear sight already. I have not cleaned it, shot it, or manipulated in any serious way. I have racked the slide back and released it a few times. The paint peeling is not anything I did. It seems like they used a latex wall paint instead of the proper type for the material.

If that's the only problem you have with that gun, I'd consider it trouble free.

CZ sights have, over the years, come with a light-reactive paint that glowed in the dark for a short while, after being illuminated. I've always considered it a gimmick.

Get some model paint and a toothpick, and reapply the color of your choice. (Testor's makes a flourescent model paint in a number of colors, and it makes a great sight paint. I have mixed a bit of yellow and green and it makes for a very bright sight.)