CZ p07 Duty in 40 opinions needed.

bspillman

Can anyone tell me about any issues with these. It’s the first generation of the p07. Chambered in 40cal. Thanks in advance.

Uncle Malice

Not a terrible design, but there are some pretty hefty improvements to the 2nd generation and a bit of issues reported on those first gen, especially in 40. I'm not a fan of the 40 anyways...

I would probably pass unless it was a great deal.

With that said, the current generation of 9mm P-07 is a GREAT gun. I just recently traded mine away for something I wanted more... but no fault of the P-07. It just ended up on the chopping block because I wanted something else. I'd love to get another some day.

The P-10 C is also a stellar piece.

5whiskey

I will 2nd Uncle Malice's post. The P-07 is a great pistol. The duty model is the 1st Gen, and the newer pistol received some significant improvements. Also the 1st Gen models would suffer from "frame bulge" at the top center of the frame. I've also seen pictures of a couple of 1st Gen P-07 Kabooms. To my knowledge there weren't prolific wholesale issues with the gun, but I would opt for the 2nd Gen model unless I got a good price on a duty model.

bspillman

Thanks guys I have passed on the CZ based on your advice. I was approached about swapping my M&P 40 even trade for it. Thanks again.

Uncle Malice

I would not make that trade. I think you made the right choice. If it were my gun... I'd probably go with an Apex 9mm conversion barrel and an Apex trigger. Then it'll be perfect. :)

Chui

Purchase a second generation variant and be done with it.

The Second Gen models have Melonite/Tuftride Salt Bath Nitrocarburizarion on the slide and barrel.

That right there is reason to purchase without reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilot

I'm not a fan of the .40. Nothing wrong with it, just don't need another caliber, but if I was looking for a .40 CZ, I'd try to find a P-06 instead.

HistoryJunky

If you want a P-07, get the Gen2 model as others have said.

I have owned one for a couple years now. I carry it frequently and probably have 1000 rounds through it. It is very reliable, soft shooting, and accurate.

Also, theres conflicting information as to whether they will accept standard CZ-75 mags. Mine does, with a little bit sticking out. A good thought because mags are 40 dollars or more when you can find them.

The stock trigger in DA kind of sucks but it smooths out. SA trigger is great.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk