CZ P-07/09 compared to the CZ 75

5RWill

So i've held a 75 and dry fired one. Never actually fired one but it was one of the most comfortable handguns i've ever held next to a high power. Usually i hate DA/SA pulls. Our SW 6906 as well as the SIGs i've held and fired i can't stand. It's not the double action that's the problem. It's the single action pull. No prominent stop/wall the trigger glides over the break. It really is just uncomfortable to me. For those that have handled the p-09 or p-07 how is the trigger pull?

Also are the polymer variants a little bigger? Or just as suited for small hands as the CZ75s? I've also seen many compare the new polymer guns to having the same grip angle as a 1911.

RodTheWrench

The trigger on my P-07 Duty has the BEST factory pull and reset I've experienced. OK, maybe my Hi-Power is as good, but holy cow that CZ is impressive! I've also got a 75B, trigger is great as well. I think what wowed me the most about the P-07 is you don't normally get an amazing trigger with a polymer duty gun. Not that duty gun triggers are horrible, it's just not expected for them to have such nice ones.

Have I explained myself properly? :D

5RWill

Yes you have ha. That's great to hear. Think i'll be picking up the Gen 2 p 07 shortly. Just need to trade or sell the M&P 40 for a p09 in 40 and i'll be happy. I'd like to take a p09 and customize it for limited.

BigMikey76

My wife has no trouble shooting my P07. She has medium sized hands. As far as the trigger goes, I absolutely love it. I have never fired the CZ75, so I can't compare the two, unfortunately, but there really isn't that much room for improvement over the P07, IMO.

5RWill

Glad to hear that as well i have small hands for a guy. Wear Medium size gloves. Hell when i was in the ER two of the three female nurses had equal or bigger hands lol.

Man the more people talk about this handgun the more i want one. Another week of harvesting!

predecessor

If there's one thing that I've learned, is that the dry fire of a trigger pull doesn't always tell the story.

I prefer the dry fire pull of a PPQ to a VP9, and yet I am more precise with the VP9.

The dry fire stock trigger pull of a CZ 75 makes me raise my eyebrow a bit. But then I shoot a stock CZ 75 more precisely than I shoot even my 1911's (imagine what a worked on 75 trigger is like - butter!)

The P07/P09 polymer series balances and the trigger breaks similarly to the 75 - which is a good thing. And yet, unlike the stock trigger of a 75, the entire pull is consistent, which is an improvement. And yet I still don't shoot the P07/P09 series quite a precisely as my 75. ;)

bigmatt

I own a P-09 as well as a number of other CZ75's many of which are highly tuned/modified. Stock the P-07/09 has a very heavy DA pull, long SA reset and a lot of pretravel take up in SA. The spring pushing up on the trigger bar has way to much tension. You can relieve some of the tension and it will help the stock trigger a lot. I polished some of the internals and relieved the tension on the trigger bar spring and got a 9# DA and just under 4# SA without anything else. This was on a basically new P-09.

I shot it that way once and ended up installing CGW parts to improve it. The parts installed dropped the DA/Sa pull weights shortened the reset and reduced some of the pretravel take up in SA. It is much nicer than it was stock, but doesn't compare to my modded CZ75's. Considering the original purchase price plus CGW parts is less than I paid for my stock CZ 75 it is very impressive. The omega trigger system is very simple and a piece of cake to work on.

5RWill

That was my thinking. Slap a magwell on it some CGW parts to improve the SA, put cz custom followers in the mags, new sites, and then run it in limited with 21+1 in 40.

I'm trying to sell my M&P 40 I find the p09 and am going to pick up the p07 outright.
P09wmagwell140_10450_zps1e7619f0.jpg

Last edited:

ritepath

My p-09 has a better DA pull than my 75b omega. Don't know why, it's just better.

As for the grip the plastic CZ's feel great IMHO, I run the smallest grip on my 09 and while it's not like the 75's it's really nice. It doesn't feel like the M&P, PPQ, or VP9 but it's "feels" just as good to me.

Having hands on the small side, I'd really like to get a set of aftermarket thinner grips for my 75.

5RWill

If you look at a 1911 and P-07/P-09 the grip angle looks identical and looks pretty slim.

At one time instead of getting a nice 2011 for limited i thought i might pick up a cz sport tactical. I never held one but saw warnings about how big the grip was. Some guys at CZ Custom would reduce frames for people. The CZ i held and dry fired that i loved was a CZ 75 compact. Probably large in part why it fit me so well. The handgun i held before that was a High Power which so happened to be the best feeling handgun i've ever held to date.

Think i just sold the M&P40 for 485$ so the p09 should be coming soon. At least i'll be going shopping I do want to hold one for myself.

Are they hard to find like an SP01? I had the money for one when i was working in the ER and could never freaking find one in stock.

leadcounsel

The trigger on my P-07 Duty has the BEST factory pull and reset I've experienced.

The P07 is a phenominally ergonomic machine with an excellent factory trigger. They really got this gun right, except the cheap sites and expensive magazines...

I really, really like this pistol. It might one day replace my Glock carry piece... maybe. I like the CZ better in the hand and the trigger, but I have so much time on the Glock it's hard to replace it...

I also love the CZ75s and carried them for a long time - excellent tools too, very reliable and ergo.

bigmatt

The P-07/09 are probably the easiest CZ's to find locally. Around me a few more shops seem to be carrying a selection of CZ's. Even when they didn't have a wide selection they almost always had a P-07 or 09 in stock. The only problem might be price as sometimes they still have it in stock because of their outrageous prices.

Pilot

I prefer the traditional CZ-75 ergos, and grip over the P-07/P-09 grips. That being said, if I were to ever go polymer, it would be with the CZ's.

tallball

My CZ75 has a great trigger and feels better in my hand than any other 9mm I've held. If the polymers are as good, you will be very pleased.

TBT

I can tell you that the "feel" of the P-07 in my hand is slimmer than a 1911 with standard grips. I've never measured it but it feels significantly slimmer especially with the small back strap.

I can't remember exactly what the trigger was like NIB but with a few thousand rounds through it now I can tell you:

1. The DA pull is consistent and smooth the whole way through.
2. The SA pull is very light but slightly indistinct (not quite crisp).

It's a very easy gun to shoot well.

5RWill

Found a new p09 in 40. For 442$ free shipping. 20-30$ for a a transfer will put it at 472$ delivered. Soon as I get the money for my M&P 40 I'm going to call the guy I got my suppressor from and see if he can get me one for that price or lower and if he has them.

Walt Sherrill

leadcounsel said:
he P07 is a phenominally ergonomic machine with an excellent factory trigger. They really got this gun right, except the cheap sites and expensive magazines...

Canik Stingray-C 9mm 15rd Magazine work perfectly in the P-07 and sell for about $25 each. I got mine from J&G Sales. Delivered quickly, and there was a $9.95 shipping cost.

Look for the Canik Stingray-C mags.

baddarryl

I have a 75B pre Omega and a P07. I have only dry fired the P07, but the 75 definitely has a smoother lighter pull in DA. They are about the same in SA. I think the 75 may have had some work as I got it used. The P07 is stock.

I switched the safety on the P07 so I can carry it cocked and locked. You can also carry it on 1/2 cocked which lightens the DA first pull and negates the worry about having to disengage the safety.

Like the other guy it may replace my G19 as my carry piece, but that will take more trigger time. Both of my CZ's are incredibly comfortable.