CZ P-01

2ndamd

I have done alot of research here and THR on the CZ P-01.
It has the right size and weight I am looking for. So, I bought one. OMG! I am thinking of selling my Glock 19's and G26 to get some more CZ's. These are fantastic!!!

Any thoughts?
Have any of you been converted to CZ?
What next? Kadet maybe?
I really do not like service size guns and I am thinking of getting a couple more P-01s. But I am not sure yet.

UZO

Have a bunch of CZs and the P-01 is by far my favorite pistola!!
It's my CCW Carry Gun... Flawless, dead-accurate shoot... You'll enjoy it!

cz2016.jpg

chris in va

You have a P01 already, why get more?

I highly recommend the Kadet kit. Mine has seen thousands down the pipe and darn near zero jams, no matter what I give it. The fixed barrel makes it more accurate.

UZO

You might also want to add a CZ-82 to your collection... Great little gun in the $200 area.

2CZs001.jpg

TunnelRat

I keep meaning to pull the trigger on a P-01, pun intended, but just haven't. CZs are the odd man out where I live. If I could actually hold one i think I'd be more likely to get one, but from all accounts they are really nice, congrats!

WVsig

Got them from the CZ custom shop... I need to replace the phillips screws with hex but have not gotten around to it. It makes the P01 really thin in the hand. The only downside is that it exposes the two sopts where the metal inserts from the factory grips were rubbing the frame. You can see the two shiny spots in the pics. The one on the left side is actually a gauge. :mad:

TunnelRat

Man those pics make me want one. I just wish I could hold it to see how it feels in the hand.:( I think if I were to get one I'd order it from the cz-custom shop with a trigger job. The only negative I've heard from those guns is that the triggers can be a bit rough out of box, though supposedly they smooth out nicely. That and I'm spoiled by SIG custom shop trigger on my P229, which really helped smooth that baby out.:cool:

armoredman

CZ P-01, trusted my life to one for YEARS, and still do. Here it is after every single day, and I mean every single day carry for 7 years. The CTGs are worn worse than anything else, and they are only 4 years old in the photo.

p01.jpg

Great pistol, and don't forget to get good leather from High Noon.

2ndamd

A 2nd p-01 it is then.
looking at cdnn for mags @ $24.99.
Any where else to check?
and i will get the kadet and mags.

P-01 trigger is still tight and i will update sights.
But i am liking my new addition.
Very accurate even w/ new tight trigger.

Thanks for all the replies!

rburch

If you want some variety, go with a PCR.

It's pretty much the same gun as the P-01 just without a rail.

100_0494.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

There's mine.

p-01_bayonet_sharp_800.jpg

Love mine, though that's not exactly the configuration in which I usually carry. CZ's are one of those "best kept secrets" every industry seems to have. Everyone knows Colt, Smith & Wesson, and that weird Austrian company, but it's not until someone's been in the culture for a bit that they hear about CZ.

I've had a regular 75B for years that's been utterly reliable and boringly consistent. It should be, considering its lineage. That said, the thing can be a pain to carry at times, and when the P-01 came out, I jumped. It actually bumped my Sig P228 out of regular rotation.

dmt411

A friend just picked up a new P-01. We took it to the range for a test drive and it shoots great and it has one of the most comfortable grips and fit out of the box. Very accurate and smooth and fun to shoot.

Only possible down side is magazine has trouble with our hollow point reloads, once about 10 or 11 are in the mag the bottom one seems to tip forward and hang up. These loads run perfectly in the Beretta 92 and Ruger SR9. It handles factory round nose loads without a hitch. Going to pick up some factory loaded HP's and see if it does OK with them. The reloads are 1.150" so still less than the 1.169" max length for the 9mm, or maybe it just doesn't like the Rainier HP's that were on sale as much as I did. I am sure it is nothing major and may be my loads, certainly isn't a show stopper for me as I am planning on picking one up ASAP.

MikeRussell

dmt,
as far as reloads, I've never had an issue with magazines (still holds 20rnds just fine), but I do have tight/short chambers. My SP01 has this "problem". Factory 115fmjs and Hornady 124gr +P HPs (OAL 1.065in with a sharply sloped nose) fit fine, but I shoot 124gr FPs and must load short. Takes a little care when developing loads for the pistol, but I must hold mine to 1.075in max OAL with 124gr plated HP or FP when most load data shows a min OAL of over 1.1in.

LarryFlew

Contrary to what everyone one else has been saying, I sold 2 P01's and one PCR. All where like new and never used BUT only due to the fact that my other 7 CZ's where safety guns and those where decockers.

CZ's are just plain great guns. Although not all I own they certainly are my favorites.